This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Terrible Metal Experience

2»

Comments

• edited April 2012

Work has officially begun on our second album, Bank of Screams, which will 10 tracks + a bonus track.

1. Sea of Filth
    2. Bank of Screams
    3. Cripple Grinder
    4. Premature Autopsy
    5. The Pope Swallows
    6. Roadside Matricide
    7. Heavy Fetal
    8. Kill Yourself
    9. Fuck the Stillborn
    10. What the Fuck is Wrong with You

As usual, this lineup is subject to change at any time as we refine our particular brand of terrible. This time, we're coming at it with a lot more knowledge, so we should succeed in creating something which is simply offensive in every possible sense of the word.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • I'm listening to 'Choking On Dog Skeletons' and I think I love you.

• Updated the album art.

• And a deliberately shitty teaser.

• Album's done. Now working on our next single, Space Jam.

Which is exactly what you think.
  • I regret to inform you that due to various difficulties, our album "Orphan Puree" was cancelled. Here's what the album art would have looked like.

We have instead shifted to a new one called "Ten to Fuck" which will use some of the better content from that album, plus some of the ones from the CHRIStFUCK tumblr, including Ablative Baby Battle Armour!
  • Fuck, man.
  • edited August 2013
    We kinda did it backwards. We wrote a track list with shit we thought would be funny and wrote to it, and the results just weren't coming together. So now we're taking some stuff we have frameworks for, and trying to produce something shorter and more intense. Basically we ended up with four tracks we kinda dug in, and six tracks we really didn't, and that wasn't great.

We're also aiming to try to make it an actual album, as in, the order of the songs matter and they kind of go into each other, as we'll be uploading a full album version of it.

And people keep requesting we do Ablative Baby Battle Armour...
  • Cool. I really loved the STD (Sexually Transmitted Demon) track. In my head. I mean the lyrics are really great and I can imagine you growling them over terribly bad metal.
  • edited August 2013
    It was a real debate over whether to use that or Negative Sperm Count on the new album; they have similar themes and the album is short, so we had to pick. Negative Sperm Count won out, but we'll definitely do STD on another album.

Also, we're doing Robopope as a single. The album art is gonna be amazin'.
  • Last night Juliane and I performed Robopope at a comedy open stage. It got a really great reaction too! Loads of people were asking me about it afterwards.

I used my iPhone to video my set, but it ran out of space after my first song, so Robopope didn't make it. Someone else was recording the show, however, so I'm going to see if I can get that video to share in this thread. Also, new lines for the last chorus! On my version that is just instrumental, and for a live performance you need to end strong with bad singing:

ROBOPOPE ROBOPOPE
    MOTHERFUCKING ROBOPOPE
    Kiss my ring or kiss your ass goodbye,
    You have ten seconds to comply.

ROBOPOPE ROBOPOPE
    I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING ROBOPOPE
    Dead or alive you are coming with me,
    That's my decree.
    ROBOPOPE!

And I switched some other lines between the two first choruses for internal logic and sound reasons (kick some ass now in first chorus to not clash with kiss your ass in third so much, with must be greased leading into the middle eight).
  • That is fucking incredible, oh my god. Those last lines, gah. Can we use those in the single?

I'm halfway done the album art, though it's taking awhile as I am mad busy with serious stuff.
  • We did a better performance of Robopope at my album launch show:

Enjoy!
  • That was rad as hell!

I would like to show my approval using the picture we're using for the album cover.

• Here's a funny article about Death Metal English which is very relevant to this project.
    Normal English: “You have to mow the lawn”
    Death Metal English: “BRING DOWN THE SCYTHE OF GODS UPON THE NECKS OF THE GREEN-RIBBED LEGIONS AND SWEEP AWAY THEIR WRETCHED BODIES; THOU ART IMPLORED BY ME”
  • One of my half-finished songs for a very long while has been about how brutal cutting the grass is. I got a lot less mileage out of it then I thought I would.
  • Everything in that article is completely accurate. A+++. Spot fucking on.