This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dancing

edited February 2012 in Everything Else
Excluding DDR do any fellow geeks like to go dancing?

Comments

• I was a competitive hip-hop dancer for a few years. Great fun.
  • edited February 2012
    Double Postzor
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited February 2012

I really enjoy ballroom dance, particularly the foxtrot, but fuck swing.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Other than doing a basic waltz at weddings. I've never learned any other kinds of formal dancing. Well I take it back I learned square dancing in grade school.
  • edited February 2012
    I am an old Steppenwolf and can't dance. If only a lovely young (possibly imaginary) lady would teach me!

EDIT: I can waltz, swing, and salsa a little, but I really want to learn to tango. TANGO IS THE SEXIEST DANCE.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited February 2012
    I learned to tango a little in my ballroom class. And yes, it is the sexiest dance. Me and a dance partner went through a couple of amalgamations at one point, and we ended it deadlocked into each others eyes, panting.

And before you guys say anything, she had a boyfriend and I was pursuing my current girlfriend.

Still, what a rush.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I did competitive ballroom last year. It was awesome. I'm not doing it this year because I can't really afford the classes. Which is sad.
    I learned to tango a little in my ballroom class. And yes, it is the sexiest dance.
    Truth.
  • I take ballet classes, don't know if that counts. :-P
  • I don't take classes, but I do love dancing to pop songs. I used to practice the choreography done in many dance videos with my friends back in high school.
  • edited February 2012
    I learned to tango a little in my ballroom class. And yes, it is the sexiest dance.
    Truth.
    Wait, I lied. Rumba can be sexier. Tango is the sexiest "Standard" dance.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • What about Flamenco?
  • I like ballroom dancing. I also like dancing in clubs, to techno and/or other stuff.
  • What about Flamenco?
    Flamenco is the sexiest dance and the sexiest form of music played on a guitar without steel strings.

• I really enjoy ballroom dance, particularly the foxtrot, but fuck swing.
    I read that as "butt fuck swing". :p

• edited February 2012
    I really enjoy ballroom dance, particularly the foxtrot, but fuck swing.
    I didn't see that there. I can't swing particularly well, but the Jive (essentially a very fast swing) is easily the most dance I know.
    I mean, check this out:
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I'm just a dumb wallflower.