This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shit-Talk of Your Day

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I fear that the irony in my previous post may not have come across as much as I had hoped.
    There's a non-shit talk of your day thread burried somewhere in the depths of the forum.
    It's amusing what that suggests about us, but that is contradicted by the fact that the Non-Shit-Talk thread is longer, with 6 pages.

Nonetheless, what Neito is doing doesn't quite qualify for that thread as it's not finished yet.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I fear that the irony in my previous post may not have come across as much as I had hoped.
    There's a non-shit talk of your day thread burried somewhere in the depths of the forum.
    It's amusing what that suggests about us, but that is contradicted by the fact that the Non-Shit-Talk thread is longer, with 6 pages.
    Though it's mostly people bullshitting about other people's non-shit-talking.
  • I'm going to learn general relativity.
  • A book I was reading mentioned a simple little command line tool called PLoD, the Personal Logging Device. Basically it just allowed you to make very quick notes, particularly to keep track of productivity. However, it seems like the program has been dead for some time (the last update involved Y2K compatibility). Seems like it would be trivial to remake in Python. I'd call it LOYL - Log Of Your Life
  • A book I was reading mentioned a simple little command line tool called PLoD, the Personal Logging Device. Basically it just allowed you to make very quick notes, particularly to keep track of productivity. However, it seems like the program has been dead for some time (the last update involved Y2K compatibility). Seems like it would be trivial to remake in Python. I'd call it LOYL - Log Of Your Life
    TRIAD - Track and Record Information About Days.
  • Was doing a fanart for everyday of June. Got to 7.
  • If I were to say "fuck it" and write a podcaster app for Android, what features would it need in order to be better than the current available solutions?
  • Play podcasts.

FUCKIN ZING
  • edited September 2013
    Even fucking Google Play Music plays podcasts. Right now, since I listen to podcasts infrequently, I usually actually download the podcasts directly from their RSS feeds and listen to them there.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I'd be in for developing that.
  • If I were to say "fuck it" and write a podcaster app for Android, what features would it need in order to be better than the current available solutions?
    Import RSS feeds easily
    Ability to save favorite podcasts
    Update list when connected to Wi-Fi or when I tell it too
    Play episode while downloading it
    Pause if a call comes in, resume when I disconnect
    Speed button
    Mark a subsection of the RSS feed as bad
  • Double speed would be kinda nice. I miss that from iOS.
  • Pocket Casts does everything I could ask for, and I am a picky podcast app user. Although they did just remove swipe-to-delete on episode list which was nice.
  • Make pausing and resuming downloads never fail under any circumstances.
  • Yeah. Podkicker is pretty good about that.
  • A Netrunner friend said that football is lame. I asked what if you were playing Netrunner, but every card was a unique individual human being?

What if we made a game, could be a card game, doesn't have to be. We only had 32 players, period. Every card was unique. Only one copy in the entire game. You started with a draft. It would be just like a real sports league. It could also be a miniatures game with unique miniatures.

The thing that really prevents this from happening in current eSports is that literally anyone can just form a team. If five of us were badass at LoL, we could enter and win the whole deal. While that's awesome, imagine if there were only 32 pro LoL teams, and no new team could be formed. All those teams would start recruiting, trading, and drafting the top players.
  • edited September 2014
    Apreche said:

All those teams would start recruiting, trading, and drafting the top players.

The most famous teams have already started doing this. Top players from Korea, Europe, China, Russia and Brazil have done this so far.

But there aren't 32 fixed teams as it allows for a team to be knocked out and let new teams in so that money goes to whoever qualifies while the top 6 stay in competition without risk of dropping out in each region.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • A program where you make music by putting notes on staff paper like in MuseScore, but with variety of instruments and effects like in FL Studio or ProTools and the ability to export as audio files.

This is obvious shit talk because I know nothing about programming, but there's good money to be made there.
  • Sounds like... GarageBand?
  • GarageBand isn't nearly that sophisticated. I know exactly what Greg wants because I want the same thing. It's basically being able to write music without needing to play an instrument.
  • I haven't used GarageBand since I had a mac in 6th grade, but my recollection is that it did not do any of what I want the program to do.
  • The school I teach at has a few music classes. One of the students showed me what they were working on, and it looked like it did just that. They typed out the notes on the fancy paper, and then the program played it. What they showed me was just piano, but I assume you can have it do different instruments. No idea what it was called, or if it's available in English, though.
  • Basically what I really want is the Mario Paint Composer that uses real instruments.
  • I used Cakewalk to do that back in the day. MIDI instruments.
  • Cakewalk is too much. I will probably use it once I'm doing advanced production stuffs, but right now I don't want all that.
  • So as it turns out, MuseScore can export to MIDI, so really the thing to do is to use that for composition, export to MIDI, and then use Cakewalk or Aria Maestosa or whatever.
  • This has been the shit-talk of a project that I've been wanting to do for a while now, but am going to try to make it a thing.

I want to create a Journey (PS3 game) cross stitch of several scenes from the game along with the cross-stitch of the lyrics to the credits song. I am thinking mostly pixel art, but will try to create more fluid stitch patterns of the Journey characters.

This is probably best done by being drawn vs. cross-stitch, but it's coming up on the 5 year anniversary of me completing Home Sweet Home Yoshi x Super Mario World cross-stitch, and I want to take one a new project.
  • Rym said:

I used Cakewalk to do that back in the day. MIDI instruments.

Oh hell, I remember Cakewalk. I discovered that installing FF7 added a better set of software MIDI instruments. However, there was too much delay to use them interactively during composition, so I'd switch them over when playing back larger sections.
  • I'm really tempted to break out Quartus and try to design a TIS-100 module. It should be relatively easy but it'll probably never happen.