This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Episode - Trigger and Abobo's Big Adventure

RymRym
edited March 2012 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, Daddy two reviews! Now that Scott's beaten it, we talk about Abobo's Big Adventure, but not before we review Trigger!, which is from the same people who brought us the wonderful Spot-It! (Spoilers: it's actually pretty mediocre, and definitely a disappointment next to Spot-It). In the news, Wil Wheaton's Tabletop is a thing, Game Gear games are coming to the 3DS, and Nintendo is trying to make multiplayer more intuitive despite their (sarcastically) glowing history of this.

Also, ConnectiCon 2012 Panel/Workshop submissions are open!

http://frontrowcrew.com/geeknights/20120320/trigger-and-abobos-big-adventure/

Comments

• List of people I recognized the "Tabletop" video:
    Sheriff Carter from Eureka
    Grant Imahara
    Tricia Helfier

Looking forward to this.
  • Nintendo has figured out multiplayer. They're still using Friend Codes, but you only need the one for your system. After you trade that, that's that. You are now able to play any 3DS game with them. As for actual multiplayer in games, I've played Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus: Uprising online and they are as smooth as butter. Seriously, I haven't even encountered slowdown at all.
  • Nintendo has figured out multiplayer. They're still using Friend Codes, but you only need the one for your system. After you trade that, that's that. You are now able to play any 3DS game with them. As for actual multiplayer in games, I've played Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus: Uprising online and they are as smooth as butter. Seriously, I haven't even encountered slowdown at all.
    It's easy to have no lag when there are no other players.

• It's easy to have no lag when there are no other players.
    Yeah, never had that problem.