This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

April fools 2012

2»

Comments

• If you aren't fooling anyone, it's not April Fools. Obviously and blatantly fake bullshit news doesn't fool anybody. Let me know if anyone actually gets fooled.
  • Scott's extremely conservative and old-minded when it comes to April Fool's day.
  • edited April 2013
    I've seen some pictures around of Netflix's effort, which was pretty well done.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Scott's extremely conservative and old-minded when it comes to April Fool's day.
    I agree with him, though. Most of these jokes are just stupid, unfunny bullshit wrapped in "Hey, we did something silly on April 1st, now laugh, dammit, LAUGH!", like MAL making the picture for every anime Naruto.
  • Vine, the future of Cinema:

As the comments say:

Also, you can now send your images to imgur per mail. And I mean mail-mail, not e-mail.
  • I work on the farm with a friend every morning at 7, and I always make us both coffee. I got some Hello Kitty themed pink hot coco for Easter, so today I gave him that instead. His fully-stoned, half-asleep brain couldn't figure out why his coffee was pink for a good minute.
  • Man, I've been having fun so far. It's not about the joke/prank itself, but the stupid awesome amount of effort people put into them.

Example: http://cuckoosandbox.org/2013-04-01-dragon-sandbox.html. Note the link to Github at the bottom - they actually did work on this.
  • My NetFlix joke was fucking hilarious.

"Reality TV About People With No Concept of Reality"

Keeping up the the Kardashians, Kourtney and Khloe take Miami, Jersey Shore, Laguna Beach, The Hills, The City and NYC Prep.
  • Mine is "When you watch Netflix, it watches you".
  • The only good April Fools joke I've seen today.
  • edited April 2013
    Anyone else feel this year's April 1 was rather tame compared to some previous internet years?

It's almost like all the big players were expected to put out really high production value skits, that were clearly fake.
    Post edited by Reol on
  • Due to it landing on a holiday.