This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2012: Bobcats To The Front Of The Line

Comments

• Because you touch the pan another 100 times! And you also complain about how the pan burned you another 200 times!
    Don't include me in this, I've never been burned by not following your advice on anything. And not often do I follow any advice of yours that I don't ask for in the first place.

• Because you touch the pan another 100 times! And you also complain about how the pan burned you another 200 times!
    Don't include me in this, I've never been burned by not following your advice on anything. And not often do I follow any advice of yours that I don't ask for in the first place.

It's the general "you".

• And generally you come off as a dick to everyone else who didn't lose out on PAX tickets.
  • And generally you come off as a dick to everyone else who didn't lose out on PAX tickets.
    Scott's bad at that.

But, in my case, I didn't get in to get a badge either. If we're for whatever reason not invited to be guest speakers, I actually won't get to go! ^_~
    Warn someone about something. They fail to heed the warning. Remind them of the warning, so they will not fail to heed it a second time.

I love how helping people makes me a dick. Next time maybe I'll just lie. Yeah, you can wait forever to get tickets. Just buy them at the door.
  • Well maybe if you didn't yell so much about how they'll sell out, they wouldn't have sold out so quickly in the first place. >_>
  • It's Rym and Scott's fault! Lynch them! They are the Mafia!
  • The difference between Scott and House M.D. is that House understands what makes him a dick.
  • It's Rym and Scott's fault! Lynch them! They are the Mafia!
    Seconded!
  • Scott's homework assignment: look up the word "gloating" in the dictionary.
  • Scott knows all that stuff already. He just doesn't care. He has no time for your petty "feelings."
  • Dealing with Scott over time has, in fact, measurably improved my temper, so it's not all bad.
  • Scott knows all that stuff already. He just doesn't care. He has no time for your petty "feelings."
    If someone does not heed a repeated and serious warning, perhaps they deserve to have their feelings, or other things, hurt. Maybe it will help them. They didn't learn a lesson the easy way, so maybe they are only good at learning lessons the hard way.
  • EVERYONE STOP TALKING!!! We need to vote if we lynch Rym and Scott.

*raises hand*
  • Meanwhile, over in reality...
  • So the professional side would love to have all single day badges with everyone being there one day, while the PA people and fans want three day geek party fest. Competing interests as to what PAX should be like. Obviously I know where we all stand.
    NYCC is like that, and it's awful. It's a huge churn of people wandering around for a single day, and very little interest in most of the "content" at the con other than big-name or hollywood programming.

• Meanwhile, over in reality...
    Believe, me, I am even getting this from Scott on the home front. ;^) The only things he talks about more than the PAX badge gloat are Running Man and My Little Pony.

• Uhhh... Running Man?

*raises hand*
    I think we should lynch George; he's way too eager to lynch Rym and Scott.

• Scott, did you actually buy yourself a badge, or are you gloating about people not getting a badge when you get one provided for free?

*raises hand*
    I think we should lynch George; he's way too eager to lynch Rym and Scott.

Second.

• But...but I was the one that pointed out their devious plan to make badges sell out super quick. And statistically speaking it's very unlikely that I'm a mafia.
  • edited May 2012
    Scott, did you actually buy yourself a badge, or are you gloating about people not getting a badge when you get one provided for free?
    I did buy a badge, the first time they went on sale. I will still probably get a free one. I just bought one to get a chance at entering the Omegathon. If I do get a free one, I will give away the one I have paid for, maybe in some sort of contest.

Also, I'm not gloating at all. If you think I'm saying "I have a badge, and you don't, nya nya nya!" then you are wrong. I would never say something like that.

What I have said, numerous times over many years, is that everyone who even thinks they might want to go should buy a badge the instant they go on sale without hesitation. Some people are now crying that they were unable to get a badge due to the fast sell out. All I'm saying now is "I told you so. Why did you not listen to my advice?"
    Post edited by Apreche on
    If someone does not heed a repeated and serious warning, perhaps they deserve to have their feelings, or other things, hurt. Maybe it will help them. They didn't learn a lesson the easy way, so maybe they are only good at learning lessons the hard way.
    Scott, I meant more of your general demeanor. You are very blunt and straightforward. It is the reason Rym constantly has to tell people you don't hate them at cons. It's just how you communicate.

It was actually hilarious and refreshing to see you and my Mom going at it on the supernatural belief thing... most people just tiptoe around it, but you were like "How you see this Mormon stuff is how I see YOUR beliefs!" Not everybody responds well to that kind of blunt and open communication.

• edited May 2012
    Scott knows all that stuff already. He just doesn't care. He has no time for your petty "feelings."
    Scott, I meant more of your general demeanor. You are very blunt and straightforward. It is the reason Rym constantly has to tell people you don't hate them at cons. It's just how you communicate.

It was actually hilarious and refreshing to see you and my Mom going at it on the supernatural belief thing... most people just tiptoe around it, but you were like "How you see this Mormon stuff is how I see YOUR beliefs!" Not everybody responds well to that kind of blunt and open communication.
    Sometimes people need to be raked over some coals. Someone's gotta be the rake.

Also, that reminds me, your mom still never paid me for those tickets.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited May 2012
    I was wondering about that. Send me another email. I will bug her.
    Post edited by Nuri on

Sometimes people need to be raked over some coals. Someone's gotta be the rake.
    And you're the lawnmower :-P
    (Disclaimer: I was never trying to get PAX tickets due to already going to Dragon*Con, but I still think the whole thing is annoying)

Anyway, my theory is that next time will be awful and come down to luck. Everyone (at least people that have one of the Scott-worthy internet jobs) will know now that they need to stalk the site for badges every waking minute, and there will be much chaos and site crashing and whatnot. The successful badge owners will be the lucky ones that slip through the cracks and manage get their order in.

I think we should all ban together and try to help each other get tickets. I would be willing to try to buy extra (if I'm one of the lucky ones) and then get paid back (at normal price) by the unlucky ones.
  • Actually, I sometimes wonder if the Scott approach to not beating around the bush is the right way to go. I'm sure, like most things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but Jeff Atwood might be on Scott's side.