This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon 2012

Comments

• You can ask to take days off, Axel. Even shit jobs lets you do that.

Seeing everyone was fun and I actually got better at Jungle Speed. I got to teach people about comics. I met awesome people. I won tons at the manga making tourney. I walked away with two new anime to watch that I like! This has been the best Otakon!

Next year is the 20th anniversary! Let's make it awesome everyone!
  • Well, when I say working, I hope that I'm working at somewhere that counts towards my internship credit for graduating. In that case, I need to make sure I'm getting enough hours for it to count.
    Just let it be said that if you missed us at Otakon in these costumes you missed something awesome. I'm really freaking proud of how we looked. XD
  • *Sadface*
  • So Viga and I are getting a room set up for 2013. Who all is certain they're going to Otakon next year and wants in? Type of room booked will depend on how many are interested and can commit.
  • So Viga and I are getting a room set up for 2013. Who all is certain they're going to Otakon next year and wants in? Type of room booked will depend on how many are interested and can commit.
    Put me for maybe

• I kinda want to go, but its really close to Dragon*Con. I think if the Rym and Scott staff fiasco thing gets sorted out I'll be more inclined to go.

What do you costumers of the forum think about Otakon? You have any opinions about the costume contests? :)
  • We submit our lectures every year. It's all Otakon if they want to bring us back. ;^)

I would never staff Otakon again, however. I learned recently from some people I know who still do it that my perception of the drama far under-estimates the reality of it. They were mad at us about two things I never imagined.

It's kind of funny, and kind of sad.
  • The TvHs and subsidiaries will be attending Otakon 2013. We'll be submitting a few panels, too. That con needs Family that Geeks Together worse than any other we've done it at.
  • It's best that we get some people who are definitely coming to Otakon this year. That way we can book a suitable room in advance.
  • It's best that we get some people who are definitely coming to Otakon this year. That way we can book a suitable room in advance.
    Need to talk with my girl I could go from no to potentially 3.

• edited October 2012
    We submit our lectures every year. It's all Otakon if they want to bring us back. ;^)

I would never staff Otakon again, however. I learned recently from some people I know who still do it that my perception of the drama far under-estimates the reality of it. They were mad at us about two things I never imagined.

It's kind of funny, and kind of sad.
    Now I'm really curious to know what those were. :o It's understandable if you don't want to say just to keep it private, though.

Anyway, as for Coldguy EDIT: Oops, didn't see that there was a third page of the thread. What Viga said.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Put me down for 2 on the room
  • You can replace "Otakon" with a ton of con in that comic! XD LOL
  • I've had to walk down 15+ flights of stairs with luggage to get out of ConnectiCon.
  • I've had to walk down 15+ flights of stairs with luggage to get out of ConnectiCon.
    I walked a similar distance at Anime Boston.
  • Bumping this again since I'm thinking of booking the room soon-ish. So far we have myself, Viga, Coldguy and Coldguy's +1 down for our group. Anyone else pretty certain they're going to Otakon next year and want in?
  • T.m.revolution confirmed for Otakon '13. I am now attempting to plan to attend.
  • WHAT! TM REVOLUTION!? *fangirls*
  • I KNOW.
    I NEED HIM.
  • I saw him at Otakon... 2003?

Scott and I interviewed him in New York some years ago too.
  • Indeed. I, however, have not, and my life will be complete when I do.
  • FFFFF okay that totally settles it. I was having second thoughts and thinking "Do I really need to go to Otakon again?" and now I know the answer is "FUCK YES YOU DO BECAUSE TMR WILL BE THERE." My opportunities to see famous acts of any kind, let alone Japanese ones, is somewhat limited by where I live, so I relish the opportunities I do get.
  • I will be in Wisconsin. Oh well, at least I'll be making all the monies.
  • I am now pre-reg'd for Otakon 2013. Hope to see some old friends again back there.
  • Oh you bastards........ you glorious bastards....