This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon 2012

1235»

Comments

• T.M.R. on Saturday, Yoko Kanno on Sunday.
    Music wet dream weekend.
  • FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
  • I picked the right year to come back to Otakon, hot skippy.
  • Music wet dream weekend.
    Music wet dream? Do you fuckin' ejaculate in tune now?

• Music wet dream weekend.
    Music wet dream? Do you fuckin' ejaculate in tune now?

...Yes.
  • edited May 2013
    Well, that brings a whole new meaning to the term "Male organ."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Fitting that she first performed just before we started going to Otakon, and next performed shortly after we stopped going. ;^)
  • You guys seem excited.
  • Damn it might just skip on Friday to avoid the badge line and just stay for the concerts on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Yeah, Friday is going to be the day of me awkwardly shuffling around the convention trying to relate to Homestucks and failing while waiting for Saturday's concert. That should be crew meet-up and hang out to do fun things time if nothing else interesting is going on.
  • Yoko Kanno!?

; _ ;
  • Sunday concerts? What witchcraft is this? The only Sunday concert I ever went to was when Front-a-lot played in the Sheraton at Anime Boston for a crowd of ~30 people, and that was just to collect JTVH from it.
  • I want to see Yoko Kanno and RZA collaborate on a soundtrack.
  • I've heard of plenty of Sunday concerts. Otakon has one every year. Anamanaguchi is coming to Rochester on a Sunday.
  • Well, I meant Sunday convention concerts. Of course there are concerts at normal venues on Sundays.
  • Oh, okay. Yeah, Otakon always does the Sunday concerts.
  • Huh. I think they're the only ones I know of. I didn't notice it last year, but I'm usually fairly unenthusiastic on concerts.

That being said, if CTcon could convince the Wild to be in Hartford that weekend instead of Boston, it would be super awesome ;P.
    Apparently Otakon Twitter is unaware of the anti-Scrym debacle. So Otakon will go to your guys' panels, just not have them.
    I found this ludicrously silly.
  • Well, we poke fun, but until this year we dutifully submitted a whole batch every year in good faith. It was later that I learned from an insider we were on their semi-official blacklist.
  • Do you have any idea why you were blackballed?
  • It's because you guys had do ditch that one year because they were being dumb, correct? Or is there even more?
  • It's because you guys had do ditch that one year because they were being dumb, correct? Or is there even more?
    That and Rym can't let it go.
    That and Rym can't let it go.
    Ah.

• Shinichiro Watanabe at Otakon 2013. Awwwww yeahhhhhhh.
    We should probably change the thread name or make a new one.