This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Eurovision 2012

edited May 2012 in Everything Else
The final is streaming now. http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv

Comments

• I'll check it on YouTube later, as always.
  • I was completely oblivious to Eurovision up until today... and the very first thing I saw was Russian Grannies. Haven't shut it off yet.
  • Much like the Oscars, I watch Eurovision by following people on Twitter who watch it and tweet about it.
  • For the Eurovision nubs, let's travel back to the past.

• The Eurovision Song Contest has a rich history, and the current incarnation makes for a great annual party theme.
    Eurovision documentary.
  • Don't forget this gem:
  • edited May 2012
    I should mention most of those were voted out before the finale, which is the only part people care about. Which is a shame, since a lot of them are pretty good, and this years contest was kinda meh. I like Finland though. Also, we were last place =P
    Post edited by Aria on
  • I liked the Babushkas! So cute!
  • No 2013 thread? I am disappoint.

Holy shit, Montenegro at today's semis.

So damn sad they're not going to finals. :(
  • Because I never find out it is EV time until it's over! Next time start a 2013 thread at the beginning!
  • This was only the first semis, finals on Saturday, plenty left to go. :D
  • Because I never find out it is EV time until it's over! Next time start a 2013 thread at the beginning!
    It's always in the Spring. Personally, I just don't care until the finals. It's too much to try to follow all the early rounds.
    It's always in the Spring. Personally, I just don't care until the finals. It's too much to try to follow all the early rounds.
    The individual country competitions, sure, but the semifinals are when you get all the hilariously terrible acts that just don't make the cut on the international level.
  • edited May 2013
    This was only the first semis, finals on Saturday, plenty left to go. :D
    Yeah, but I'm already booked to be out in Rhode Island watching Pete slaughter a cock on Saturday. I need advance notice, man!

Scott, "spring" isn't really helpful. You know that's 1/4 of the year, right? A three month window is hardly specific.

Ultimately the problem is that it's not something I care enough about to go look it up and stalk it myself, but if people tell me it's coming up in a few weeks then I'll earmark it and watch.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Man, second semis (featuring Romania. All I'll say is that you do *not* want to miss Romania) are tomorrow - you'd know all this if you had the Official Eurovision App, available on both iOS and Android devices. :D

All events, semis and finals, are all viewable without ads on the Eurovision website, so grab a few beers on Friday or whatever and check them out.