This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest XI (2013)

Comments

• Rym's assertion.

If any thing cannot be differentiated by intelligent people from parody thereof, said thing is stupid.
    Oh my... that seems like it's going to backfire on someone horribly someday.
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
    I know. And I'm sad every time that is proven to be more and more true.
    I read the Megaman bit before the rest of the article. Once I read the whole article it seemed to be a satire, but it's hard to be sure.
  • Insider information: Panel submissions for MAG will open on June 12th. If you need to ask any questions I have a direct line to the head of panels.
  • Rym's assertion.

If any thing cannot be differentiated by intelligent people from parody thereof, said thing is stupid.
    The main problem with this is that "intelligent", "parody" and "stupid" are to at least some degree subjective terms.
  • I think we should get to the con Wednesday night this year and do a bit of pre-gaming.
  • I think we should get to the con Wednesday night this year and do a bit of pre-gaming.
    Cause the night of playing Skyrim in my living room didn't count. :P
  • EDIT: or do you mean more drinking?
  • EDIT: or do you mean more drinking?
    More drinking. More lobby games. Less sneaking past hotel staff.
  • I'm thinking New Years in NYC and then Immediately going to Magfest afterwards, is my body ready?
  • Or we all go down to DC for a new year's debauch and then on to MAGfest! =P
    This could work for maxinum games and less travel, think this year to leave the day after the con ends so I would not miss anyone.
    That idea is too awesome...
  • However, unless someone has space for 20+ people in a large and intimate party, it's not likely to happen. ;^) There's a reason we party in New York, Philly, or Albany every year.
  • This is why I need a flying castle. Then we can just move it wherever it needs to be.
    That idea is really fucking awesome. Especially because MAGFest is now like, 3rd-to-6th. Especially because I'm getting invested in the tabletops.

As the DC resident, I want in on this. Party!

• However, unless someone has space for 20+ people in a large and intimate party, it's not likely to happen. ;^) There's a reason we party in New York, Philly, or Albany every year.
    Yeah, hells no. Especially not for a week.
  • Why not book large space at hotel across the steet from gaylord? It be cheaper and in the same area to either stay during MAGfest.
  • Party at Georges!
  • Let's rent some DC location for New Years.

Ford's Theater?
  • How about ScoJo's house? ;^)
  • So I did end up figuring out how to pre-reg Magfest. There is a slight chance I won't be able to pull things together, but as of right now I'm going.
  • How about ScoJo's house? ;^)
    if i have a new house

Hell yeah
  • How is public transportation and the hotel's location? Would I have much need of a car or anything?
  • The hotel is sort of in its own little village thing, and pretty much everything you could need is within walking distance in that mini-city. Except a hospital I guess, but the public transportation system for that usually shows up pretty quickly and gets you there nice and fast.
    Hell yeah
    I did the same thing and partakes ni many Pre-Mag bar parties.

• 12:00 PM Eastern a "grand opening" announcement will come. Predictions?
  • 12:00 PM Eastern a "grand opening" announcement will come. Predictions?
    Nobuo again.