This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest XI (2013)

Comments

• edited June 2012
    It appears they are going for Kinuyo Yamashita this year, the composer to Castlevania and Mega Man X3, as well as John St. Jon, Random, and Bit Brigade. Looks like room booking has also opened up.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Looks like the rooms are a little more expensive now. That plus a planned extra day is going to be not cheap. Just getting two rooms again we're looking at at least a $1500 hotel tab.
  • edited June 2012
    I noticed that as well $150/night plus taxes at the Gaylord however the Hampton in walking distance is doing $179/night plus taxes for 2 queen beds and if you have points can knock off a chunk of change off of that rate as well.
  • Hrm... having some problems with the reservation system. Might go away once I'm home. If someone has managed to get it to work tell me as much so I know the problem is on my end.
  • This isn't PAX, you don't have to lock in your hotel for a couple months.
  • Hotel cancellations are not that much of a problem, so eh. Flights are the ones I'll wait till I'm certain on things.
  • Not sure if anyone here qualifies for this but thought to share. MAGfest just opened up applications for chiptune artists.
  • I have some good news. Right now the Tabletop department is open to anyone willing to bring board games to bolster their lineup. So if anyone wants to get a local DC board gaming group to bring games into tabletop (or manage their own collection). I have the email of the person to contact. Let me know if you want it.
  • Just going to post the question here again for all of the DC area people in the forum. Anyone know of a board gaming group willing to lend their library to MAGfest? I have the info to make it happen and get some real board gaming happening down there.
  • Actually you know who you should talk to Chuck, he's in the money handling department (and married to Collette who is the Liason to the hotel for Magfest) He has a gaming club who might be interested in lending their wears.
  • Actually you know who you should talk to Chuck, he's in the money handling department (and married to Collette who is the Liason to the hotel for Magfest) He has a gaming club who might be interested in lending their wears.
    That is a good idea, don;t have his info though.
  • It appears that VGO is added to the band lineup this year to MAGfest. So said their latest release.
  • I'm thinking about doing a "Internet Dating 101" panel.
  • That could be a simple panel though, Step 1 get a box, Step 2 put your dick in a box, Step 3 procede to have a long conversation with someone who you are attracted to about mutual interests till you both realise that you rather fancy each other, Step 4 reveal box.
  • Just had an idea anyone thinking of turning it into MAGweek? 31st to go new year party with you all then head down to DC early to do serious board gaming, MAG takes place, leave on Monday.
  • 3 new bands were just announced. Powerglove, The One Ups, and Metroid Metal all good in a variety of ways.
  • 3 new bands were just announced. Powerglove, The One Ups, and Metroid Metal all good in a variety of ways.
    Whoah! Surprise! Didn't know those guys would be there.
    Well one of them did not make it last year. Just informing the masses.
  • edited August 2012
    3 new bands were just announced. Powerglove, The One Ups, and Metroid Metal all good in a variety of ways.
    Well one of them did not make it last year. Just informing the masses.
    I missed The OneUps last year. Wanted to really see them again. Kind of want to see Descendants of Erdrick again too, since I saw them at my SpillDotCon event. The flutist is really cool. ^_^
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • edited August 2012
    New things, for Reals! Games on Film, Demoparty, and an Indie Game Showcase have been added to the roster.

@Nukerjsr Everyone Loves the Flutist, she is awesome. Also chances are high for them coming back this year.
  • O.O Yuzo Koshiro is going to be at MAGfest...both speaking and performing. He did the Streets of Rage games, Ys, and FUCKING ACTRAISER!

I got more excite.
  • O.O Yuzo Koshiro is going to be at MAGfest...both speaking and performing. He did the Streets of Rage games, Ys, and FUCKING ACTRAISER!

I got more excite.
    Other than Mega Man, Streets of Rage is best video game music. I will actually go see this.
  • Alright let's try to post in the right one this time. Confirmed: SquarePainter is bring some new canvases to MAGfest.
  • Just throwing this out there, if I were to get a board game tourney to happen at MAGfest (team or individuals with assortment of games) would you all be interested in participating in it?
  • Depends on the game, but likely, yeah.
  • Depends on the game, but likely, yeah.
  • Another guest announced, this time from Europe it is Chris Huelsbeck considered to be one of the very best people in Europe in the music scene. I know of a fan boy of his from France who is trying to find a way to come see him now...
  • It appears Blockparty is hosting demos at MAGfest. I am not too familiar with them and was told this one was a big deal.

Might going to skip it myself but there is news for you.
  • Carrying the discussion over here:

People interested in Group Rate: Phil and Vaguelyweird, Whytt, Myself, George, TheWhaleShark, Cremlian, Viga

Hotel Room: TheWhaleShark, Viga, Myself, Creamsteak

The deadline for the super discount is going to be in October so anyone interested in organizing this?

Also I mention this here so I can post here: