This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest XI (2013)

Comments

• Two things:

1) Nuri also wants in on the group registration.

2) I already have my hotel room taken care of, as does Nuri, so we won't need room space.
  • Submitted my Board Game Grand Prix Tournament idea to the Incubator. If passed this will be ultimate board game bragging rights for everyone outside of WBC.
  • What day in October exactly?

Also, I'd totally roomshare with you. Let's try and get more so it can be as cheap as possible. I'm a po' gal.
  • What day in October exactly?

Also, I'd totally roomshare with you. Let's try and get more so it can be as cheap as possible. I'm a po' gal.
    I concur on the more the merrier, I went up to 10 one year and got it on the cheap. The ticket deal ends on 10/31.
  • Count me in for roomsharing if there is space :D
    I am also cool with group rate thingy :P
  • Also cool with the group rate. I think by Halloween I'll try and have confirmations over who of my Virginia friends can or cannot go and if I'll have hotel space I can share with other forumites.
  • I also would like in on any hotel panning things. I already have my Magfest ticket, though, so no group rate for me.
  • DJ List is up: Yuzo Koshiro, DJ Cutman, Benjamin Briggs, and blInd are all hoping the stage. Koshiro will have his first US performance at MAG, that is on the must go list, plus he did Streets of Rage soundtrack.

Updated:

People interested in Group Rate: Phil and Vaguelyweird, Whytt, Myself, George, TheWhaleShark, Cremlian, Viga, Erwin, Nukerjsr, Nuri

Hotel Room: Erwin, Viga, Myself, Creamsteak, YoshoKatana, Nukerjsr maybe

Anyone want to step up to organize the money collecting for the tickets and for the room people could do a skype chat to discuss the particulars on that one.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm interested in a group rate and a hotel room, but it depends on two things: Panel acceptance, and how much money I'd have to spend.

Also, how people feel about a slightly loud snorer.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • We should start a facebook group to plan. It's easier.
  • Screw that, why is the go to planning area facebook? Why not google plus or some other place for those who despise facebookers? (I like the planning idea should do that).
  • edited September 2012
    We should start a telepathic bond for those people that don't like material forms of communications.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • We should start a telepathic bond for those people that don't like material forms of communications.
    We did. You just never responded to my invites.
  • I'll organize moneys for a group badge rate. Can everyone pay via paypal?
  • We should start a telepathic bond for those people that don't like material forms of communications.
    We did. You just never responded to my invites.
    Is that what that was? I thought I was locked in psychic combat with some kind of space Cthulhu.
  • I'll organize moneys for a group badge rate. Can everyone pay via paypal?
    Yup! It's easier that way!
  • I'm not on the group badge, since I already paid for a badge.
  • Update time: (Because I tend to be the person to post them :/)

Wes Johnson the voice actor for Bethesda games, and announcer for the Washington Capitols will be there.

Also Egoraptor will be there, thus adding to the list of people Scrym want to fist bump while there.

Also team tickets we should get the shit together via the other thread George did (see above link).

Team Hotel who is interested in a skype/G+ Hangout to discuss terms and jib jab?
  • I wish I could go...But alas, no transportation. Sad, because the weekend is a perfect time for me to attend. Unless someone wants to help me get there somehow. XD
  • I wish I could go...But alas, no transportation. Sad, because the weekend is a perfect time for me to attend. Unless someone wants to help me get there somehow. XD
    Well you gotta tell us where you'll be if you want us to try to help.
  • I'm stuck in Rochester NY all year 'round, more or less.
  • I'm stuck in Rochester NY all year 'round, more or less.
    Can you get train to someplace on my route? or Mega Bus it down to DC we pick you at terminal?
  • Team Hotel who is interested in a skype/G+ Hangout to discuss terms and jib jab?
    I'd be very interested in this. When's good for people?
  • Team Hotel who is interested in a skype/G+ Hangout to discuss terms and jib jab?
    I'd be very interested in this. When's good for people?
    I could make it after 6 maybe, work has been crazy lately. I prefer weekends though.
  • Oh no! I missed this! Did I miss it?! I'm good 6 any night. But not Fri - Sun, I'm at a con.
  • Sunday would be best for me since I do nothing on that day anyway. Also can do thurs around 9 since I have the super late job.

@viga no you did not miss it.
  • Guys, why don't you make a thread instead so you can talk asynchronously?
  • So Thurs night 9 PM EST on G+ hangout team hotel talk about shit and plans and gib jab thunder force activate
  • So Thurs night 9 PM EST on G+ hangout team hotel talk about shit and plans and gib jab thunder force activate