This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest XI (2013)

Comments

• So Thurs night 9 PM EST on G+ hangout team hotel talk about shit and plans and gib jab thunder force activate
    I will try my hardest to make it :D
  • So, I like totally missed the G+ hang out :(
  • So, I like totally missed the G+ hang out :(
    Sorry about that but here is a recap:

10 people in an Executive Suites from Wednesday to Sunday will be $100 a person (including tax). People I can easily get through my connections (both on forums and on various circles). This will also give us the benefit of being the "party" room for all FRC needs as well. Just need someone to go and follow the directions on the site by reserving a room and emailing MAGfest to upgrade it to a suite. We will send our share via Paypal to not be douchebags to the person holding the room and then party plans can assemble.

Let me know if I missed anything but I think I got it covered.
  • So who's going to hold the room then?
  • So who's going to hold the room then?
    If my limit would allow I would but need someone else to take the lead.
  • Another MAGfest update!

A Mathematical Proof that Sunny is a nice kitty

Also Jake "Virt" Kaufan, Cheap Dinosaurs, Kris Keyser, and BRIGHT PRIMATE (caps is how to spell their name) will be performing. I have seen all of them live and can easily recommend them for your viewing pleasure if you are into the chip tune style songs.
  • A reminder that George is collecting the cash for the cheap MAGtix. If you want in follow the instructions here.
  • Team hotel we still need some to reserve the room, the sooner the better if you don't want to front the full burden I can aid in that. Let me know who is taking the guard.
  • edited October 2012
    UPDATE TIME:

ROOM AND TICKETS NEED TO BE ACQUIRED SOON THEY ARE RUNNING OUT!

- See George's thread to get in on the ticket deal
    - Team Hotel need someone to reserve the suite, get to me ASAP

Sonic Fan film will premiere, and Jaleel White aka Steve Urkel aka Sonic from SATAM will be there.

Moar Bands!

Knight of the Round
    Lords of Thunder
    My Parents favorite music
    OverClocked University (live OCReMix!)
    Professor Shyguy

(All 2nd stage meaning they will be performing during the DAY!) Also a big band announcement on 10/31, but they have confirmed no Uematsu this year.

Also if you are in the Panel mood I am working on helping a guy getting them live streamed on Justin.tv (yes its bootstrap but hey its something).

Get Excite!
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • UPDATE TIME:

Fuck, not again.
  • UPDATE TIME:

Fuck, not again.
    That was from their update today we should be fine for the 15th.

• I don't like to take chances. We're getting those tickets ASAP.
  • Team Hotel Update:

Generally I'll need first and last names of people needing room space, I'd like the money no later that the first week of December. The paypal address is rrosin02@hotmail.com, I remember last year there was something like 10% charge if I had to send an invoice to a non-paypal user.

- Russell aka the guy who reserved the room.

Cost will be $100 Wed-Sun or $135 Wed-Mon at 10 people, at this time no person limit is placed on the room so feel free to send him a message and rsvp with an introduction message.

(Also it is a suite bigger then most of our apartments and party room. I can send any questions in his direction if need be.)
  • Count me in :D
  • Count me in as well! I emailed you, but I think I forgot my whole name. Nelson Pecora.
  • I don't think the ten-person room appeals too much to me. I'll probably book a double and see if I can find anyone else to split it with.
  • I don't think the ten-person room appeals too much to me. I'll probably book a double and see if I can find anyone else to split it with.
    I am used to it for the simple fact that outside of room parties I will barely be in the hotel room. Plus I've been in a regular room and when personal space increases and price decreases it is the way to go.
  • So glad I'm no longer a poor college kid.
    Aye.
    Yeah, you're just a poor adult. :P
    Aye.
    I'm not poor, just responsibly servicing debt.
  • 10:16 AM George: fuck, I used all my pasta sauce. I'm gonna hafta buy dinner >_>
    10:19 AM me: boohoo. you still a broke ass ho?
    George: always
    me: well treat yourself
  • Poor college student wouldn't have had the pasta sauce to begin with. Moving up in the world!
  • Grah, why must the online registration for rooms be temporarily unavailable!?
  • MAGFEST UPDATE:

If you didn't get in on George's ticket group thingy go get it yourself, buy before the 31st to save $5.

Games on film has released their film lineup. Note: they are actually doing this in the style of what Scrym wants anime episodes to be done as, curated. I know Chad (curator) and he knows his stuff on film making so if any of these are of interested go check it out.
  • Grah, why must the online registration for rooms be temporarily unavailable!?
    Could join us in the MAGsuite and avoid all that.
    I am not broke (yet) but I always appreciate a deal :P