This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest XI (2013)

Comments

• Grah, why must the online registration for rooms be temporarily unavailable!?
    Could join us in the MAGsuite and avoid all that.
    I'd love to, but I've promised some of my local friends I'd be reserving us a room for MAGFest. They are going to New York Comic Con for their first convention and they'll give me an answer on if they'll join in on a room. It only leaves me paranoid because in general they are flaky people and cons of course, aren't something you can drop last minute after months of prep.

I would join the major suite, but I am a bit committed and I want to draw more people to the convention. I just hope shit doesn't fall through, or else I'll be really unhappy.
  • Did I miss the MAGsuite sign up? Oh shit is it full!?!?! DAMMMMMMMMM!
  • Did I miss the MAGsuite sign up? Oh shit is it full!?!?! DAMMMMMMMMM!
    Room is not full you are welcome in :D
  • By the way are we going from Wed-Sun or Wed-Mon ?
  • When I last talked to him it its Wed - Sun
  • Another MAGfest update!

Arc Impulse
    Triforce Quartet *
    The World is Square *
    On Being Human *
    Fighting in the Streets

This is scary good lineup guys. All of which doing 2nd stage shows. All the * ones I would recommend anyone to see.
  • When I last talked to him it its Wed - Sun
    Cool, I will send the monies by the middle of November :D

• MAGfest update:

Hotel - Currently 5 people (Myself, Krista, Russ, Viga, and Nelson) Pending: Quatoria

Need more bodies, let us know if interested

Bands: Armcannon, The Megas, Rare Candy all are main stage.

Protip: Second stage is going to be rocking MORE then main stage, going to call it now.

Also working on another MAGfest for n00bs video, have idea on topics to talk about, let me know.
  • I am down for the hotel too.
  • I am down for the hotel too.
    Email Russ to let him know.
  • MAGfest Update:

Guests most of you will care about: James Rolfe, Derek Alexander (Angry and Happy video Game Nerds), DR HAZARD, Eric Ruth and Robert V. Aldrich.

Room as of now: (Myself, Krista, Russ, Viga, Nelson, Erwin) Pending: Quatoria, Taylor

2 more people cmon you know you want it.
  • Hotel Mini Update: We have have #9 in Skitch. Also cost will be $150/person according to Russ.
  • Mini Update 2: Nope still have 8, and Super Art Fight may be there again. FUCKBOOIYEA!
  • edited October 2012
    Pre-Register Update! Due to the Hurricane, the date has been extended to November 4th. So in case you missed out, you still have time! (Or to get buddies you want to come)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Last chance for questions will be recording MAGfest for N00bs 2, anything I should cover
  • MAG Update:

Hotel: Contact Russ (if you have not done so already) and send him your money for the room, need 2 more people for optimal price/person arrangement

Bands: Protomen and Those who Fight are on main stage (both awesome)

MAGfest for N00bs 2 recording this weekend, send in things you want me to talk about!
  • What's Russ's contact details? Want to shoot me a message on G+?
  • What's Russ's contact details? Want to shoot me a message on G+?
    Generally I'll need first and last names of people needing room space, I'd like the money no later that the first week of December. The paypal address is rrosin02@hotmail.com, I remember last year there was something like 10% charge if I had to send an invoice to a non-paypal user.
  • You're Russ, aren't you...

...now I feel stupid.
  • You're Russ, aren't you...

...now I feel stupid.
    No I'm Coldguy nice to meet you :D

• I stayed with Russ during my stay at MAGFest, awesome dude. Con-Veteran to the Max. You'll be in good hands.

If anything, I'll open my hotel room for people to stay at if things fall through for me with my flaky friends.
  • Hi all for those interested in the Hotel I need your emails, Russ is planning on sending a mass email out to all (still at 8) with the final information about cost and stuff. So send away, also HOLY SHIT MAGFEST IS GETTING CLOSER.
  • My email is nelson@yoshokatana.com.
  • Our panels and lectures are all set. We'll have three: these constitute our sole responsibilities for the entire convention.
  • Our panels and lectures are all set. We'll have three: these constitute our sole responsibilities for the entire convention.
    Any hints as to what they are and if they will be filmed?

• Looks like Yuyuke and I have to go to Magfest this year; our panel got accepted.
  • we got room in our room to make plans easier
  • Ohmans, it has been awhile since I've been to a new con for the first time. I haz an excited. :D