This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ideas for someone else to make

Comments

• I just say it for the effect (kinda trying to intentionally sound...like something...), I don't usually bother with a majority of shortenings (beyond contractions).
  • Holy fucking shit you kids. It's two more letters. "Totally" versus "totes."
    Actually it's two more syllables, old man.
  • edited June 2012
    Then again, it could be good to let people use "totes" so they don't dilute the actual word "totally" into becoming meaningless.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I just think it looks and sounds funny.
  • edited June 2012
    You guys are all straight 'cray.

Personally, I think totes and cray are dumb, but I do like saying adorbz.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    More syllables = more iron.

• edited June 2012
    You guys are all straight 'cray.

Personally, I think totes and cray are dumb, but I do like saying adorbz.
    Adorbz...ick. I'm going old school with my slang now (to the max!)
    @Viga
    Your idea is for champions. I would tots try and make that, even though I'm not the best at everything.
    If I could get some skills, I'd totes would say lets do it.

(Am I doing it right? Totes? I'm too old for this slang.)
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I think "cray" shouldn't be used because cute forms of ableism is probably worse than regular ableism, and adorbz doesn't even make sense to me, but totes gets me giggles. It's a bastardization of a word already being misused, which sort of loops around to "right" for me.
  • I think "cray" shouldn't be used because cute forms of ableism is probably worse than regular ableism
    Please don't start, I'm getting enough of that elsewhere right now, and far stupider than you could ever manage. Even with a lot of practice.

What? You always knew how this was, I've always been a more-than-one-activist man.

• edited June 2012
    @Viga
    Your idea is for champions. I would tots try and make that, even though I'm not the best at everything.
    If I could get some skills, I'd totes would say lets do it.

(Am I doing it right? Totes? I'm too old for this slang.)
    I have code skills, but they're not very 1337. I also don't like Flash, which is supposed to be the easiest way to make games...I hate it.

Post edited by Axel on
  • I think "cray" shouldn't be used because cute forms of ableism is probably worse than regular ableism
    Please don't start, I'm getting enough of that elsewhere right now, and far stupider than you could ever manage. Even with a lot of practice.

What? You always knew how this was, I've always been a more-than-one-activist man.

I thought I was special!

I thought I was special!
    You are special to me. You're just not alone in being special.

• edited June 2012
    Speaking of words I hadn't heard before, "schway" is apparently something that people say.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Speaking of words I hadn't heard before, "schway" is apparently something that people say.
    It is? Honestly, news to me.
    Using syllables and not mora to determine effective word length.

ISHYGDDT.

• Speaking of words I hadn't heard before, "schway" is apparently something that people say.
    What does it mean?

• It seems to mean "awesome", but I got that from Urban Dictionary anyway.
    Talk to the dude who used the number of letters to determine effective word length.
  • Chick totes schway, that shit cray.
  • edited June 2012
    I can't help but think that the state of modern slang can only be described one way: Utterly rooted.
    Post edited by Churba on
    Talk to the dude who used the number of letters to determine effective word length.
    Number of letters = number of keystrokes = amount of effort to use a word correctly in a typed format.

tl;dr: You kids are totes lazy.

Also, WuB, if you'd typed "Chick totes schway, that shit be cray," you'd have written a quarter-stanza of kviohattar (kvithuttar), modified to include end-rhyming (runhent).

You're a viking, brah.
    Number of letters = number of keystrokes = amount of effort to use a word correctly in a typed format.

tl;dr: You kids are totes lazy.

Also, WuB, if you'd typed "Chick totes schway, that shit be cray," you'd have written a quarter-stanza of kviohattar (kvithuttar), modified to include end-rhyming (runhent).

You're a viking, brah.
    vikes totes cray schway
  • That's so 2000-and-late.
  • I've only heard "schway" used while watching Batman Beyond, where it was supposed to be a futuristic version of "cool" or "awesome." Are people actually using it in real life now?
  • I've only heard "schway" used while watching Batman Beyond, where it was supposed to be a futuristic version of "cool" or "awesome." Are people actually using it in real life now?
    Maybe people thought that we live in future enough now.

It's still silly word.

• I never heard anyone say "Schway." Ever.
    This is the only place I've ever heard it. I assumed it was derived from chouette.

(I always kind of liked it)
  • Family Feud where instead of surveying actual people, you survey 4chan.
  • Family Feud where instead of surveying actual people, you survey 4chan.
    I would watch this.
  • I would run it myself, but it would have to be 18+