This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ideas for someone else to make

1235»

Comments

• edited August 2012
    It occurs to me that since this is in the international news, I want to see a mashup of all the various language news stations saying the words "pussy riot" or whatever translation they decide to use.
    Put it to a beat, then put that over the video of Gary Kasparov being arrested for hooliganisim, for protesting their bullshit arrest and conviction.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Remake the map cs_thunder for CS:GO. Also other old CS maps are acceptable such as as_oilrig, de_vegas, or cs_estate.
  • It occurs to me that since this is in the international news, I want to see a mashup of all the various language news stations saying the words "pussy riot" or whatever translation they decide to use.
    It'll probably just be 'Pussy Riot' with an accent since it's the band's name.
  • It occurs to me that since this is in the international news, I want to see a mashup of all the various language news stations saying the words "pussy riot" or whatever translation they decide to use.
    It'll probably just be 'Pussy Riot' with an accent since it's the band's name.
    Which is absolutely what I want.

• I want that to happen. It would be great.
  • edited August 2012
    Synesthesia is a neurological disorder some people have where they confuse sensory input. Often, this can manifest as people "seeing sounds," where high treble can "look like bright lights" and bass can "feel warm."

Why not make a screensaver that lets users pick (ahead of time) a playlist from their music library, or just shuffle all of their music, and while that music plays, a screensaver that overlays the current desktop mimics what real people with real synesthesia may experience? Obviously music visualizers have existed before as screensavers, but I think it would be really cool to have one that actually attempts to mimic the experience of having synesthesia, using clinical studies and reports to make the experience as accurate as possible.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Some sort of video game with procedural generation. Only the procedural generation happens on a central server and are distributed by Twitter. The game client reads the Twitter feed to get updates. Obviously not enough bandwidth for it to be a fancy game, but it can still be pretty interesting.
  • What if minecraft were to generate new chunks from seeds based on whatever Twitter feed(s) you want?
  • What if minecraft were to generate new chunks from seeds based on whatever Twitter feed(s) you want?
    That would be cool. Then everyone would participated would generate the same terrain and build different things on it. Thing is, it would be simpler to just generate a giant map file and have everyone download it.
  • Just do it with Numbers Stations instead. (You can google what those are on your own).
  • They wouldn't really get the same terrain: if I explore chunks due north while you go west, and maybe yours ends up being from Bill Clinton and my explorations from Kanye West. It would also be awesome if F3 brings up the tweet used.
  • There should be a website that's like a dating website but for gaming groups. You put in your information, and what kind of games you are looking to play, and it shunts your profile out. People looking to play can filter by keyword to build or expand groups.