This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Source Filmmaker

Comments

• I was just going to make this thread. Yes, I am interested. Applied for the beta and I can't wait to see what interesting, fun things people do with it.
  • I both eagerly anticipate and fear what the gmod animation community will do when they get a hold of this.

Nonetheless this is pretty interesting. I didn't realize the animation production was to closely tied into the game engine itself. I'll have to at least try it out if i can get a beta key.
  • This might be fun.
  • Valve knows what the people want.
  • Valve knows what the people want.
    Hats, Mostly.

• edited July 2012
    So this is for Linux too right? I mean, I can only assume, given that they do crazy intensive rendering, and the rest of the shit is on Linux, that they'd benefit from also having this on Linux. Mostly I just don't wanna reboot.

Edit: I already had to reboot once this week because of that leap seconds bullshit
    Post edited by Aria on
  • So this is for Linux too right? I mean, I can only assume, given that they do crazy intensive rendering, and the rest of the shit is on Linux, that they'd benefit from also having this on Linux. Mostly I just don't wanna reboot.

Edit: I already had to reboot once this week because of that leap seconds bullshit
    And yet my Windows machine is ticking along fine. Hmmm... :3
  • So many variations.

• reddit seems excited by this

• It seems Source FM is available to download now for everyone, im gonna go try it out myself.

Lets have more videos to celebrate!

• edited July 2012
    Here's my quick test:

and a picture:
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • More pictures:

• edited July 2012
    I just spent over an hour trying to get a mad looking Scout to stretch his legs and look at an engie's PDA. Not even an animation; a single image. I feel like I could do something nifty with this if I just kept at it, but I don't know how you animator types have the patience for this.

Post edited by Neito on
  • I am liking this trend of taking existing dialog from movies/TV/etc. and applying it to Source Filmmaker. I'm hoping this leads to people getting enough skills to make completely original works. Also, please make one with ponies.
  • Yay for user created content. I wonder if TF2 with some sort of scene from The Great Escape would work well? I think it would.
  • edited July 2012
    I am liking this trend of taking existing dialog from movies/TV/etc. and applying it to Source FilmmakerGarry's Mod/whathaveyou.
    That trend's been out there since the internet got popular.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2012

And here's another thing:

Post edited by P_TOG on
    Companion video:
  • edited July 2012

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Something I made purely for the fuck of it.

• edited July 2012
    Something I made purely for the fuck of it.

(a good thing)
    That is a good thing.

Messin' wif dat Bombcast:

Post edited by P_TOG on
  • That is a good thing.
    Thank you!

Also, stupid random detail that was semi-pointless - If you look at his tank, it's not where it normally is - because I shifted it about so that it would not clip through the barrow, but rather, her back is on one side, resting against the barrow, up until the bottom of where it attaches to the harness, and the tank is on the outside of the barrow. Even though you can't see that, I felt it important.

• If someone was going to do that with GeekNights audio Rym would probably be sniper, but what would I be?