This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GDrive and Chrome for iOS

edited June 2012 in Technology
Just got Google Drive for iOS. Going to try it out now. Chrome supposedly is launching today as well. Goodbye mobile safari?

Comments

• I used Chrome for 5 seconds on my iPad, then buried Safari somewhere where I'll never click on it again.
  • Yes! Doing this when I get home. :3
  • I can't find it on the app store for some reason.
  • Chrome only for Android 4.0+. My two gingerbread devices and I have teh sads.
  • edited June 2012
    iOS Chrome has indeed replaced Safari. The only flaw is lack of a reload button!

Also, if Chrome iOS is allowed, we have to assume Google Maps iOS will also be allowed.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm confused, isn't this the reload icon?

• Not that I plan on buying an iOS device anytime soon, but how did you take that screenshot and does anyone know if you can do that in Android?
  • edited June 2012
    Home button + power lock/button.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited June 2012
    I'm trying to upload a screenshot from iPhone. it doesn't have a reload button like iPad does. imgur is being all flaky for some reason

Found it. It's hiding in a menu.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Yeah, I was just about to SS it and post it here.
  • Trying out chrome on my iPod touch. I like it so far.
  • Chrome on the iPad is like a breath of fresh air; Safari, for all it's Javascript performance that chrome can't access, seriously sucks at simple things like "private browsing".
  • Ok, so for quite awhile I've been using Firefox as my browser and only using Chrome for Tweetdeck and such. Really both browsers are 99% equal, but I used Firefox for two reasons. One is that Firefox still has the keyword for bookmark feature. Two is that Firebug in Firefox still beats all other dev tools by a lot. Well, now that Chrome has features like "send to mobile" and Firefox isn't on iOS, I am using Chrome again. Still gotta use Firefox for doing web development, though.

I'm sure this will swing back in the Firefox direction soon enough. I sure do like Mozilla.
  • Chrome iOS has a find in page option. <3
  • Chrome iOS has a find in page option. <3</p>
    Safari had it as well. Did you not know how to do that in Safari?
  • Chrome on the iPad is like a breath of fresh air; Safari, for all it's Javascript performance that chrome can't access, seriously sucks at simple things like "private browsing".
    What's wrong with safaris private browsing?
    Chrome iOS has a find in page option. <3</p>
    Safari has that too.

Safari supremacy!!
  • Every time I'm sorely tempted to save up for an iPad I just look at one of those screenshots showing the keyboard and I'm cured. I have trouble thumb-typing on my Note unless I'm using Swiftkey X Tablet which splits the keyboard down the middle for two-sided typing. I can't imagine the awkward reaching on an iPad.
  • iPad has a split keyboard option.
  • iPad has a split keyboard option.
    LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.
  • *covering eyes* I SEE NOTHING
  • $400 for the 16gb iPad2 is not too shabby.

I didn't know about the split keyboard option, but then again, I really don't do a lot of typing on my iPad. I'll definitely enable that option now.
  • To split the keyboard you just use your thumbs to rip the keyboard in half. Really.
  • Is it really only $400 for the 16gb WiFi now? Hmm.
  • Is it really only $400 for the 16gb WiFi now? Hmm.
    Yeah, for iPad 2. The old non-retina one.
  • edited June 2012
    Is it really only $400 for the 16gb WiFi now? Hmm.
    $350 if you get a refurbished one from Apple, I think? IMO save up more and get a 3rd gen. The screen owns so much.

Board game apps w/ retina graphics :)
    Post edited by johndis on
  • I'm not that excited about retina displays anymore. I had one on my iPhone 4, thought it was pretty neat how clean everything looked, switched to the Galaxy Note with a bit less (about 28% less) pixel density, didn't really go nuts about jaggies or anything.
  • Chrome iOS has a find in page option. <3</p>
    Safari had it as well. Did you not know how to do that in Safari?
    I guess I don't I just started Safari up on my iPod and I couldn't find that option.

• Nevermind I found it. Has that option always been there? It feels like it wasn't.

"While on the page you wish to search, type the phrase or text you want to search for in the upper right corners Search box

With the suggestions populated, swipe down to the bottom of the suggestion list to find “On This Page (x matches) and tap on ‘Find “search text”‘
  • I found the reload button on iPhone/iPod. It's hidden under the "3 line menu" button thingie: