This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Adventure Time

2»

Comments

• It's quite interesting, since now we know better. It's not like we like to stay on-topic on these forums anyway. Also, there was no conversation going on (unless you call an exchange of "yeah"s to "X IS AWESOME" to be a conversation), so nothing was derailed to begin with. Fluidity bru.
  • edited July 2012
    Obviously, it is. :-)
    Surely there's no way you'd have made three posts about it if it wasn't.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Psssst, my pants are filled with cheese.
  • The most recent season finale was an elaborate Call of Cthulhu homage. That made me happy.
    Uh, in what way?
    I can't remember the plot for the life of me, but I do remember it having H.P. Lovecraft stamped all over it. I think somebody couldn't sleep for days, then found an ancient bas-relief and went crazy.
    The last season finale was about Flame Princess. I'm trying to think of the episode you're thinking of, I'll have to watch it again.
  • I haven't heard people use "features" for a mini-series, only for a film longer than an hour and then some.
    Actually, I think the minimum is around 50 minutes.
    See: Winnie the Pooh (2011)
  • I haven't heard people use "features" for a mini-series, only for a film longer than an hour and then some.
    Actually, I think the minimum is around 50 minutes.
    See: Winnie the Pooh (2011)
    Running time 63 minutes
  • SO! It's been a few months since I made this discussion and it has been proper dead. My original question was if Adventure Time was worth watching and if it ever generates moments of emotional attachment. I've since seen every episode and the answer is "yes." I've even walked away teary-eyed from the more poignant episodes. All in all, everything everyone has said about the show is correct.

Rym has championed Adventure Time in recent podcasts and has been pushing the idea of having a GeekNight episode dedicated to it. I look forward to it.
  • and... it just occurred to me that the recent episode "Simon and Marcy" is about Alzheimer's disease. Or maybe it was just a fun zombie apocalypse episode.
  • At first I didn't care much for Adventure Time. I prefered Regular Show, because the cartoon's humor was just up my alley. It's random and slightly crude but not quite Ren & Stimpy-level of crude (which is a little too much for me).
    Then I stumbled upon Adventure Time's wiki and found out the entire land of Oo is a post-apocalyptic earth after a nuclear war. Once I started delving into the background of that, my interest level skyrocketed. Villains like the Lich and the sad backstory of Marcelene and the Ice King made me absolutely adore the show.
    Heck, even Peppermint Butler lying just right below the surface... The show just has a lot more depth to it.
  • edited April 2013
    That was so totally "Inner Light".
  • This is a very thought-out, detailed show. The allegories they put together are like Looney Tunes mashed up with H.P. Lovecraft and Aesop. Plus it's full of new dick and poop jokes.

• Oh no, Adventure Time now has its own Ash Coma Theory.
  • edited April 2013
    Oh no, Adventure Time now has its own Ash Coma Theory.
    Just like every other fantastical show ever. It's practically a trope itself.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It's a troper trope.
  • As a recent convert to this show (started last week, halfway through Season 1) I can say I was hooked from the first episode. While I am bored by most TV, Adventure Time succeeds by being completely unpredictable. The jokes really hit home with me.
  • edited April 2013
    Wow, that BMO/Bubble episode.
  • edited April 2013
    I ran through eveyrthing on Netflix. image
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I ran through eveyrthing on Netflix. image
    That's like, just season 1. To access more, sail the high seas.
  • edited May 2013
    I ran through eveyrthing on Netflix.
    That's like, just season 1. To access more, sail the high seas.
    Better image.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited May 2013
    marrr!
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Sad but based on the airing schedule, almost an inevitable conclusion.

In any case I do look forward to seeing certain things resolved and there's plenty of room to deliver it yet.
  • I was hoping it would go on for years to come, and continue get more weird and conceptual.
  • I was hoping it would go on until Finn was in his 30s
  • edited September 2016
    I'm behind several seasons as it . But was Finn's human family ever found out?
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I'm behind several seasons as it . But was Finn's human family ever found out?

His dad's a dick.
  • Rym said:

I was hoping it would go on until Finn was in his 30s

There was the pillow world episode.