This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Burning Con '12

Comments

• It begins!

http://www.burningwheel.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/schedule_12_r1.pdf

Looks like I got the first slot, as did Rym. I have a feeling there will be fighting tooth and nail over that Inheritance LARP.
  • I'm running in slot five, same as Scott. I would have liked to try Scott's game seeing as I played in Rym's game last year.
  • My name's all official and shit. I should finish burning up my NPCs.
  • Yep, there's no canceling now. How many NPC's you have left to burn Yosho? I'm still working on NPC's too, but I'm glad to say my PC's are complete!
  • First slot is best slot.

It means my game will be done and nothing will be hanging over my head for the whole con! It also means means I set the bar for everyone in my game.
  • I have the last slot. Admittedly the worst slot since lots of people have already left the con to go home. Everyone is tired and the excitement is lost. But also the people who are still around are hardcore.
  • I have the last slot. Admittedly the worst slot since lots of people have already left the con to go home. Everyone is tired and the excitement is lost. But also the people who are still around are hardcore.
    Pshaw, you'll fuckin' kill it no matter how many people have left. No joke, man, much as I take the piss, you're pretty good, and the hardcore players suit your style. Last might be the worst spot for many others, but for you, it's the duck's nuts, it suits your style.
  • edited October 2012
    I would have liked to play in Rym's game, but since I'm also running in the first slot, I'll just bring my own awesome.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • Day before I fly out and I'm down with a cold. Need to prep! Gotta make it to NYC...
  • First priority in slot one is wasted on me. Already played the Arc of Obscenities. :p
  • First priority in slot one is wasted on me. Already played the Arc of Obscenities. :p
    I'd use that priority on The Regiment or okeefe's FreeMarket. Or you can come play Mouse Guard with me ;]
  • Hoping to see/meet some of you at the shindig tonight. Probably too late to be asking, but who's going?
  • I be there.
  • I be there.
  • I got there a little early (my fail of the day), so I'm biding my time until I can be fashionably late.
  • I be gone, but many funs were had.
  • I be sleepin.
  • edited October 2012
    I awaken for the final day of Burning Con.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • edited October 2012
    It begins! (again)
    Post edited by pence on
  • I am awake and in motion.
  • I just got an e-mail about the possibility that that MTA will freak out due to the impending hurricane. We're gaming at the end of the world, people!
  • Yeah, the subway shuts down at 7pm this evening, and busses at 9pm.
  • I was not burned at the stake during my first GM experience today, which I consider success. Learned tons - still reeling. Made it home safely. Did not need to walk. Hope everyone else is fine too.

No offense to anyone else - and for the fucking record - Scott's game was the best game I played in all weekend.

Great con. Great games. Great to see everybody.
  • I was surprised that my game was so well. Lots of credit goes to having some players who were crazy enthusiastic. It was the last session. People wanted to get out and beat the storm. Everyone was crazy tired. Yet, they all came to play and played hard. And thankfully they did, because Luke was almost going to play, which I did not want. John and Jahmal were pros, but Shervyn was total nub and GroverBomb was a relative nub, but everyone rocked it.

I wasn't confident in my game since I threw it together, and it was untested. Once it got rolling I was surprised how well the beliefs worked together. I was also surprised at how well I GM'd considering I hadn't done it in quite awhile. Now I really want to run it a lot more, especially with different players to see how it works out.
  • You managed to run a good game after two (or was it three) days of heavy gaming? I have to say, that's a feat that earns my respect.
  • edited October 2012
    Rym is a great Lady Blackbird, we turned our game into a romantic comedy.

Scott got an axe in the back trying to protect a corpse. I tried to push him out of the way.

Okeefe was the one who put the axe in his back. He also ran a great Freemarket game.

GroverBomb was the one presiding over that particular carnage. Balls of steel for putting up with our BS and rolling with the punches. Tough crowd for a first game!

I didn't get to game with Totally Guy, but his game sounded hot and his stories about Annoying Jiminy cracked me up. Not sure I met YoshoKatana, either!

When can it be next year?
    Post edited by pence on
  • My new flight out of here is Tuesday evening!
  • Exceedingly impressed with how my game went. I kind of wish I could pick the games I choose to play in a little better though. I was in a couple where I just couldn't figure out what my role in the game was or even intended to be.
  • As an aside, anyone stuck in the city for the next couple of days? I was meant to meet family for the next few days but they've not been able to make it with the flights being cancelled.