This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Campaign Season 2012 (In Pictures)

Comments

• Well, at least they are taking credit for it.
  • edited August 2012
    That made my day, thank you.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • That was a funny moment. The other one is when he gives his younger daughter a kiss and she's giving him the "not in public dad! this is so not cool" look ^_^
  • edited September 2012
    Post edited by 2bfree on
  • This seems to be in decent sharing rotation on FB.

• The more I look at that picture, the funnier it becomes.
  • Yeah. I giggle every time I look at it.
  • edited October 2012

Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • You'd probably die if you followed these rules.
  • Wait I thought Obama wasn't allowed to have gaffes? Surely that last bullet must be a mistake.
  • Who will be watching the debate tonight? And who will be in the IRC chatting about it?
  • I was just tweeting about this. As much as I enjoy political discussion, I'm honestly have no desire to watch. I think I'll catch the highlights via the internet, The Daily Show, and The Colbert Report.

Right now I think I'm going to just chill, relax, knit, and possibly fit in some Borderlands 2 tonight.

I feel somewhat bad, but eh. There were be more debates.
  • I'll pass. Neither candidate has bedazzled me with their goofs yet, I don't see why the debates would be any different.
  • In order for the debate to be interesting, Obama would have to debate someone with marginal intelligence. Mittens will just deflect, mock, and spout logical fallacies. I'd rather nor get my blood pressure up.
  • In order for the debate to be interesting, Obama would have to debate someone with marginal intelligence. Mittens will just deflect, mock, and spout logical fallacies. I'd rather nor get my blood pressure up.
    See, normally I like that stuff. It's like a game, but Mittens is so bad at being bad at it it's no fun. Though, I will in fact watch the debates, because it is when my father is most foulmouthed and angriest, which is very funny.
  • How will the right be able to say that any insane thing Mittens says is somehow a result of "liberal bias"?
  • edited October 2012
    In order for the debate to be interesting, Obama would have to debate someone with marginal intelligence. Mittens will just deflect, mock, and spout logical fallacies. I'd rather nor get my blood pressure up.
    See, normally I like that stuff. It's like a game, but Mittens is so bad at being bad at it it's no fun. Though, I will in fact watch the debates, because it is when my father is most foulmouthed and angriest, which is very funny.
    God, I wish Santorum had gotten the nomination. That would have really been something fun to watch because he is obscenely good at being bad. I'm much more interested in the Rumble in the Air-Conditioned Auditorium this weekend than I am about the actual Presidential debates (except for the inevitable coverage on the Daily Show).

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • If we're going with alternate nominees, I will settle for nothing less than Herman Cain. Awwww shucky ducky!
  • When the debate is over can someone link to torrents of it? Need it for a project.
  • edited October 2012
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Brilliance. Sheer Brilliance.
  • I just watched some of the highlights from the debate and have concluded that I am glad I didn't watch it. I think I would have thrown something at the television.
  • A: Let's raise taxes, which will increase revenue.
    B: No let's lower taxes, which will increase revenue.

Not a single mention of the what the money is being spent on - endless war and the creation of a police state.

I feel sorry for the stupid kids who think these are real issues or that was a debate.
  • Errr, actually Obama was saying Cut and tax..

(Plus the debate was about economics primarily, next debate I think might be foreign policy)
  • There was not one thing in that debate different than the prior 20 years of debates except the candidate's names and the creeping lunacy of the Right.