This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Campaign Season 2012 (In Pictures)

Comments

• edited October 2012
    YES!

Edit:
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I just wanna ask, if Obama had made that comment about Sesame Street would people be up in arms over it?

I think I know the answer but I just have to ask.
  • I would, but I'm not up in arms about it as things are and I've gone on the record as hating Obama so I'm not who you're looking to talk to.
  • I just wanna ask, if Obama had made that comment about Sesame Street would people be up in arms over it?
    Just as loudly.

Best list ever.

I think I know the answer but I just have to ask.
    I absolutely would. Fred Rogers was a Christ-like figure and he practically raised an entire generation of American children, particularly the troubled ones whose parents were lacking.

That you even ask this question demonstrates a deep, fundamental misunderstanding of the liberal mindset.

• edited October 2012
    Fred Rogers is an adorable man, especially in that video.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Fred practically raised multiple generations of American children, and as long as there are reruns and kids who haven't seen him he will continue to.
  • Fred practically raised multiple generations of American children, and as long as there are reruns and kids who haven't seen him he will continue to.
    Scary thing, Mr. Rodgers neighborhood is STILL on the air with new episodes. Its an odd time warp watching it now realizing that some of the characters are in relationships with other people.
    Scary thing, Mr. Rodgers neighborhood is STILL on the air with new episodes. Its an odd time warp watching it now realizing that some of the characters are in relationships with other people.
    Those new episodes are probably the ones that I watched when I was growing up. Yours are the ones that seem like a time warp to me.
  • Oppa Romney Style video already exists...
  • Go for a fatality! Go for a fatality!

• Obama might start getting some of those religious votes now that God is in one of his ads.
  • There are rumors that the person is a plant from the liberal side. Who knows? I think many can posit that many conservatives think that way.
  • edited October 2012
    Everyone's a plant from the liberal side. Next think you'll be hearing is that if/when Romney or Ryan make a gaffe, it's not really them, but a liberal android clone that was designed to make them look bad.
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • Admittedly, that would be kinda awesome.
  • Everyone's a plant from the liberal side. Next think you'll be hearing is that if/when Romney or Ryan make a gaffe, it's not really them, but a liberal android clone that was designed to make them look bad.
    To be honest, if that was actually true, I'd be voting liberal. If I could vote in the US, away.

I mean, let's face it, who should I vote for, the asshole who doesn't think anyone with a net worth not measured in millions isn't actually a human, with his running mate Diet Ron Paul, or THE PARTY THAT HAS FUCKING ANDROID CLONES?
  • Who says I'm not voting for the Android Clone party?
  • Polarization in the United States has gotten so bad and so chiefly due to willful ignorance and deliberate malfeasance that I'm almost beyond the point of being able to see the humor in it anymore. :P
  • Why the :P? Why?!

It's like saying "Things are really bad, and I'm very saddened by the current state of affairs," and then adding a girlish giggle on the end of it.
    Seriously, that's how I read that sentence. You say something super cereal and then you giggle and stick your tongue out like a Japanese school girl.
  • Force of habit. In person you'd probably have trouble telling when I was in earnest, too.
  • edited October 2012
    And on pretty-much all of those issues, the Republican party is on what I would consider to be the wrong side.

Basically, the Democrats are wrong about some things and right about others, but the Republicans are pretty-much wrong about everything at this point. They're the party of ultra ideological anti-environmentalism. They're the party that refuses to even discuss tax reform or regulatory changes.
    First time reading this thread and it got me thinking, was there definite point when the political scene in Washington got this bad, with regards to the republican party specifically, or was this more a toxin build up over the years thing?

Being non american, it was amusing for awhile watching the whole cat fight and blustering about, but lately I've been getting worried on a whole because America was and still is a place I want to go to and work in given the chance. Muppet makes it sound like its more Gotham City than Metropolis these days.
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • edited October 2012
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Well, on the bright side, we haven't sunk so low yet that people are beating each other with canes in Congress (not that there isn't precedent for that sort of thing).