This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Campaign Season 2012 (In Pictures)

1234568»

Comments

• I still have no idea what the banana stand reference is. I think it's from Arrested Development, which I haven't watched.
  • I still have no idea what the banana stand reference is. I think it's from Arrested Development, which I haven't watched.
    Yeah, that's what it's from. It's worth watching.
    Yeah, that's what it's from. It's worth watching.
    I'll probably get to it. I'm working my way through Newsroom right now, which so far is excellent.
  • edited October 2012
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • This is the best one:

It made me spit out my dinner.
  • I don't get it.

I mean, I get what magic underwear is, but I don't understand the joke.
  • You have to watch the show to understand the jokes. It's not that long and it's been on Netflix for forever. Only 3 seasons. Check it out.
  • My second favorite (behind the banana stand) was:
  • Say what you like about Sauron, He did great things for Mordor's economy.
  • edited October 2012
    Say what you like about Sauron, He did great things for Mordor's economy.
    Don't believe it; all he did was cook the books with tricky make work projects.

Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • For a second there, I thought "Oh hey, look, there's a toss-up state near the top!" and then I realized that's a lake.
  • RymRym
    edited October 2012
    For a second there, I thought "Oh hey, look, there's a toss-up state near the top!" and then I realized that's a lake.
    Actualy, that's the other half of Michigan. We won it in a war with Ohio. (For real: we went down in history as the only state to try to declare war against another state outside of the actual American Civil War).
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Actually, that white strip looks like Lake Michigan to me.
  • Ahh, I meaned the blue strip above it. I'm dumb. =P
  • edited October 2012
    For a second there, I thought "Oh hey, look, there's a toss-up state near the top!" and then I realized that's a lake.
    Actualy, that's the other half of Michigan. We won it in a war with Ohio. (For real: we went down in history as the only state to try to declare war against another state outside of the actual American Civil War).
    Hey, that's pretty cool. I didn't know that before.
    Ahh, I meaned the blue strip above it. I'm dumb. =P
    Quit Tekkin' mah jerb.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I'd have to find the exact reference, but Michigan tried to invade Canada at least once of its own volition as well.

Michigan is known for Detroit, copper/silver mines up north, the best lakes in the world, and hyperactive heavily-armed militias.
  • I'd have to find the exact reference, but Michigan tried to invade Canada at least once of its own volition as well.

Michigan is known for Detroit, copper/silver mines up north, the best lakes in the world, and hyperactive heavily-armed militias.
    I knew about the lakes, and detroid(naturally, as a car nut). Didn't know about the rest, though. I guess it's still better than what I knew about Wisconsin, which is entirely "Don't drink Milwaukee's Best Beast" and "A bit boring, but next to a nice lake."

I knew about the lakes, and detroid(naturally, as a car nut). Didn't know about the rest, though. I guess it's still better than what I knew about Wisconsin, which is entirely "Don't drink Milwaukee's Best Beast" and "A bit boring, but next to a nice lake."
    One other fun fact is that the old Michigan/Ohio War is still fought in small scale to this very day due to the intense sports rivalry between their respective largest state universities: the University of Michigan and the Ohio State University. It is these schools' most intense rivalry and among the most intense rivalries in the nation.

You don't instinctively think of Road America, one of the best tracks in the US? For shame! ;)

You don't instinctively think of Road America, one of the best tracks in the US? For shame! ;)
    That's in Wisconsin? News to me, I thought it was somewhere else.
  • Is that her name?

How I imagine the dems were acting backstage.