This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

1232425262729»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    yeah i run my water pump near spawn
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Server is down because the drive (or our partition of it) is full. I've contacted the host and I'm waiting for a response from them (him, really).

Om - I did some playing around last night and I'm fairly confident that Tekkit already includes the appropriate multi-core version of Optifine, or at least, the version numbers displayed on the title screen are identical between the "two" and I didn't notice any performance changes.
  • Optifine has both versions and editions, Tekkit ships with Optifine Smooth 1.2.5.x but I wanted to see if I could get some work out of the other cores with Optifine Multi-core 1.2.5.x.
  • Hmm well I I installed multicore following the instructions but there was no indication that I was running it once I did. The version numbers on the title screen did not change, nothing said Multi-core, and the performance was identical.

Maybe I messed up, but the instructions are certainly not complicated.
  • Can't you just log in and delete stuff?
  • Now I'm going to look for an explosive chicken mod.

It seems like most FRC folks, save maybe vaguely, are more or less done with the Tekkit server. Is that the case?
  • I'm not done, I just haven't played in a while.
  • I'm probably done with that server.
  • I'm probably done with that server.
    Any reason in particular for the specificity?
  • edited October 2012
    Other games, and also if I play Technic again it will be with my apartment-mate more than likely.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • I'm not done per-se, I just have to figure out what else to do. My library is, while not fully stocked, more or less complete. I might try and invent a turnstyle to count the number of people who visit, but I'd like to build something new. Maybe a hotel? Or a courthouse?
  • Link to me instructions for a deathray and I'll build it. I've got enough solar.
  • I'm not done, I just haven't played in a while.
    This.

I'll probably play occasionally, but I'm playing FTL right now. I have a bad tendency to play one game at a time. So I'll be off and on to work on the boat, and eventually setup in the new place, but probably not much right now.

• I revisited the server a while ago. My man who had barely figured out iron was totally lost in the world of modern wonders. Also I traveled on and under the railway like a real homeless person on a journey.

And now I don't ever want to build anything in Minecraft because I would just judge things in comparison of what I saw.
  • Nah man, just start building. If you need stuff (tools, materials, turtles, etc...) I can set you up.
  • Nah, I now that I can't get myself to even design anything cool even less to build it. If I do something it will be small and simple.
  • This server will officially be shut down on 10/31. I'll put the worldfiles up somewhere for download when I shut everything down, in case anyone wants to save anything.

Utilization is nearly zero at this point, sadly. There's just not enough sustained interest.
  • That was fun while it lasted. I followed all of your collective interest. ;^)
  • Keeping a server like this going requires a constant recruitment cycle. I just haven't got the time. People will inevitably get bored in a week or two, sometimes rebound at a month, and then they're generally all done.

It WAS fun while it lasted. I had a blast learning how to generate custom worlds. It's a shame there's still so many quirks and bugs on the borders where one mod/plugin meets another, or I could have built a much more solid experience.