This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

Comments

• Ohh, what if all of our FRFC minecraft servers connected?
    I can set it up if you have privileges on the other servers. Otherwise, the portals might just telefrag you.

• I'd like to join the server. I've used Technic for a while, but I find the magical stuff from Equivalent Exchange a bit cheathax. Once you get a magical energy generating system going it becomes ridiculously easy.
  • edited July 2012
    OK so the server is up. In logging in trying to test, I get the error that I must have Forge build 136. Dwa? I'm using Technic Launcher and selecting Tekkit from the list on the left. It updated itself yesterday when I ran it the first time. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: n/m found it

WindUpBird, need your Minecraft user name to add you to the op list.

I think we only get one world unless I'm misunderstanding how this thing works...
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited July 2012
    Ugh... I guess I gotta buy the game to play online. Oh well...
    Lemme know when it's up and running and I'll grab a copy.

EDIT: Also I will be Stalin
    http://www.minecraftskins.info/stalin.html
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • OK so the server is up. In logging in trying to test, I get the error that I must have Forge build 136. Dwa? I'm using Technic Launcher and selecting Tekkit from the list on the left. It updated itself yesterday when I ran it the first time. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: n/m found it

WindUpBird, need your Minecraft user name to add you to the op list.

I think we only get one world unless I'm misunderstanding how this thing works...
    HeadlessClown88 is my username. I'll start working on it tomorrow.

• edited July 2012
    What's the IP of the server? And are we doing whitelist or blacklist?
    You just have to spawn more. You can do it with a command through a mod, or through the server console I believe.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I'll post the IP once WindUpBird has had a crack at setting things up.
  • Ugh... I guess I gotta buy the game to play online. Oh well...
    you could run it in "offline" mode with a whitelist. the only annoyance would be that you lose personal inventory when you quit.
  • Or you could suck it up and pay $25 for a fantastic piece of work. :-)

I bought on XBOX. It stung buying again on PC (and AGAIN for my daughter, who has it running now with scaled back gfx), but it wasn't that bad.
  • Maybe we should post our Minecraft IDs so that Bird can set up a whitelist when he's done turning off creepers? :-)

muppet1977 (even Mad Muppet was taken, wtf).
  • I'll let you guess my Minecraft ID.
  • thaneofcawdor
  • Grunkie7
  • AhcosNevets
  • Also, Bird, you intrigued me with all the stuff you said you can do on the server. I'm trying to find a comprehensive list of all the console/op commands/powers in Tekkit, but Google isn't my friend today. The basic minecraft console definitely doesn't let me spawn new worlds with a portal leading to them, as far as I can see. Where's the documentation I'm not finding...? I guess it would help if I knew what individual mods made up Tekkit (and what each one actually does when it's not obvious).
  • Yeah I can deal with forking out 27 bones. It's mostly the fact of buying a game I owned for more than I originally purchased it
  • Yeah I can deal with forking out 27 bones. It's mostly the fact of buying a game I owned for more than I originally purchased it
    It says $26.59 on the site but when you actually go to pay, the exchange rate kicks in for 19.95 euros and for me it worked out to a few dollars less. The price changes daily if you're not paying in euros.
  • edited July 2012
    Oh well I guess that bites less.

EDIT: Oh... hmm. It only changes to euros when you use paypal. Interesting.
  • I was a little shocked by how much better even the vanilla Minecraft is on PC right now than on XBOX. There are a lot of additions. I just wish the graphics were optimized a little better (ie, not written in Java :-P) I get better visuals on XBOX than on my i3, but I guess that makes sense...
  • edited July 2012
    Get yourself some Optifine (I recommend Magic Loader.), makes the game look slick.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-125
    If you've got a very powerful system, there's an option for super draw distance which you probably want to run from an SSD.

Also:
    1.3.0 is imminent.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Get yourself some Optifine (I recommend Magic Loader.), makes the game look slick.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-125
    If you've got a very powerful system, there's an option for super draw distance which you probably want to run from an SSD.
    I have the exact opposite of a very powerful system. :-) I have a feeling Optifine would make my game unplayable. Can't see MCF from work, so I'll check it out later.

• Holy fuck PayPal TAKE MY MONEY!!! Guess it's debt card then.
  • Holy fuck PayPal TAKE MY MONEY!!! Guess it's debt card then.
    Paypal worked for me both times. Is it down today?
  • edited July 2012
    It just keeps saying that I can't pay with it and that I should try a different method. Might be down? Internet has no answers but plenty of complaints. I'm sure my account works fine with transactions because I got a cd off bandcamp last night with it.
  • edited July 2012
    Tekkit is built on the Bukkit framework, so you can look up admin commands and tutorials on Bukkit's wiki. I'm not sure how loading other mods to the server works, but I'll play with that after I get home from tonight's concert.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Technic Pack: Mother of god, so many items.

Coming in 1.3 they are changing from separate single player and multiplayer games to having the single player game run a local copy of the server.
  • edited July 2012
    Tekkit is built on the Bukkit framework, so you can look up admin commands and tutorials on Bukkit's wiki. I'm not sure how loading other mods to the server works, but I'll play with that after I get home from tonight's concert.
    So far I've only found a very anemic tutorial that had more to do with buying hosting than anything else, and a list of vanilla Minecraft console commands, which I already had. I'll keep looking though.
    Technic Pack: Mother of god, so many items.

Coming in 1.3 they are changing from separate single player and multiplayer games to having the single player game run a local copy of the server.
    Yeah I have no idea what 3/4 of these things do. I see you can build a computer. WTF? An enchantment table?
    Post edited by muppet on
  • So I grabbed a copy. If my username is my ID then it is xMATATATx
  • I have an idea for something I'd like to do in the starting area. Instead of having the usual municipal buildings, we build out streets and players take plots as they need.
  • edited July 2012
    Could be neat. I tried out the world that "came with" the server last night and I spawned in the top of a tall tree. That was something...

What sort of municipal buildings are typical? I have NEVER played on a Minecraft server before. Ever.

My daughter and I play split screen on XBOX, and we pretty much do our own thing and then compete on awesomeness.
    Post edited by muppet on