This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

Comments

• edited July 2012
    I have an idea for something I'd like to do in the starting area. Instead of having the usual municipal buildings, we build out streets and players take plots as they need.
    I did that on my old server and used cloning to build a row of brownstones. It was pretty great. We had a bakery, a pharmacy, a general store, a coking plant, and a glassworks. The industrial park had charge mined quarries.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited July 2012
    I have an idea for something I'd like to do in the starting area. Instead of having the usual municipal buildings, we build out streets and players take plots as they need.
    I did that on my old server and used cloning to build a row of brownstones. It was pretty great. We had a bakery, a pharmacy, a general store, a coking plant, and a glassworks. The industrial park had charge mined quarries.

I'm sure that was a typo but it made me think of underground minecraft drug ring. Tony Montana style.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Somebody should make a Minecraft drugs mod. Coke would make you run faster, but you would take more damage, or maybe your health meter would go down gradually. Weed would temporarily keep you in "peacefull" mode while increasing your hunger rate and slowing you down. LSD could either transport you to the nether or the aether depending on whether you have a good or bad trip (could be determined by your health or something).
  • They should just have Goofballs that work exactly the same as they do in KoL.
  • edited July 2012
    Looks like might already have one, except it looks kinda lame. I might try and see how hard it would be to make something not lame.

• I have an idea for something I'd like to do in the starting area. Instead of having the usual municipal buildings, we build out streets and players take plots as they need.

I'm sure that was a typo but it made me think of underground minecraft drug ring. Tony Montana style.
    No error; it created coke (charcoal) from wood planks. Though, Minecraft Steve Montana would be awesome.

• Ooh can I build a diamond lab and name it "Walter White's Crystal Depot"? That'd be awesome.
  • If Muppet gives me Admin privileges, I'll create some portal hubs and extra worlds. Survival/PVP, Survival/Friendly, and Creative. I also know how to set up portals that empty your inventory when you use them, so multiworld can't be used to cheat.
    Do these worlds all live on the same server, or are you talking about linking to other servers? I can't find anything on the wiki that supports this and /r/tekkit doesn't know what I'm talking about when I ask. :-)
  • Ohh, what if we got the villagers hooked on our product and used that as a source of other goodies.
  • Ohh, what if we got the villagers hooked on our product and used that as a source of other goodies.
    I'm not thrilled with the idea of an underworld minecraft server... :P

:)
  • If Muppet gives me Admin privileges, I'll create some portal hubs and extra worlds. Survival/PVP, Survival/Friendly, and Creative. I also know how to set up portals that empty your inventory when you use them, so multiworld can't be used to cheat.
    Do these worlds all live on the same server, or are you talking about linking to other servers? I can't find anything on the wiki that supports this and /r/tekkit doesn't know what I'm talking about when I ask. :-)
    They're all on the same server, using the Multiverse plugin for Bukkit. But, it may be incompatible with the Tekkit plugins.
    They're all on the same server, using the Multiverse plugin for Bukkit. But, it may be incompatible with the Tekkit plugins.
    Ah, bummer.

I'd be concerned about memory consumption of running multiple worlds. The server reports that we're consuming 62% of the RAM on our partition at idle.
  • edited July 2012

No error; it created coke (charcoal) from wood planks. Though, Minecraft Steve Montana would be awesome.

Wow how have I never heard that word used in that context before?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_(fuel)
  • I can spawn the world, and if the server chugs, then we delete it. The other option is for me to set up PVP zones.
  • Oh crap guys, you have no idea how far down the crazy hole this goes. I'm currently working out how to breed bees and brew beer..
  • Also, you can breed magic attack bees to guard your house.
  • edited July 2012
    Also, you can breed magic attack bees to guard your house.
    WTF.

EDIT: Apparently that requires a "Forestry" mod that isn't included in Tekkit anymore..?
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, they removed Forestry with the last patch.

Also, WUB, if ya need any help, I have the day off today.

I've been looking through documentation and it seems like Multiverse might work. I still haven't been able to figure out what version of Bukkit Tekkit is using. Two months ago it was CB1.1R4, but I'm not sure about now.

Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I'm also going to need the WorldEdit plugin installed to set up PVP zones and build a starter town. Vhd, I'm down with you admining with me if Muppet is.
  • VHD gimme your minecraft account ID and I'll add you as admin.

I haven't figured out how to whitelist the server yet. I know there's a file for it, but there's also a warning on the edit page that says "You know, you can do this through Multicraft" but I haven't found it yet...
  • I'm also going to need the WorldEdit plugin installed to set up PVP zones and build a starter town. Vhd, I'm down with you admining with me if Muppet is.
    I think we get FTP access. Not sure if that's all I need to install plugins.
  • edited July 2012
    Vhdblood is my Minecraft username, and yeah, FTP is fine for uploading them. You can do everything to install and configure the mods through the in-game console I think. Is there anything you need the actual server console access for? I can't think of anything.
  • You're added as an admin. I'll have to set up FTP later, I've gotta perform dad duty right now. :)
    I'm worried that setting up too many mods is going to kill my already tenuously playable performance in client, but we'll see... ;-)
  • edited July 2012
    I'm worried that setting up too many mods is going to kill my already tenuously playable performance in client, but we'll see... ;-)
    Try reducing your view distance and swapping to Fast graphics. View Distance is super taxing in Minecraft. Also, mods on the server can't really slow you down because all of their strain is put on the Server, not each client.
  • I'm worried that setting up too many mods is going to kill my already tenuously playable performance in client, but we'll see... ;-)
    Try reducing your view distance and swapping to Fast graphics. View Distance is super taxing in Minecraft.
    I already did both of those just to play. ;-)

• Hey would you mind giving me the login for Multicraft? It's a pretty convenient tool for the server, and it makes the whitelisting easy.
  • edited July 2012
    I already added you, me, and WindUp. I'll do the rest in a few hours. I'm not sure I want to hand over THOSE keys, but I'll consider it. ;-)

The "Default Role" option seems to be missing in the version the host has deployed... but editing the white list text file is easy.

EDIT: there doesn't seem to be a way to add additional multicraft logins, that blows.

All right I inboxed you my credentials. Don't make me regret it. ;-)
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited July 2012
    Hey, you have to /OP me on the server or change my permissions level to let me use admin commands. :P It keeps saying I don't have permission to do that
  • I made you an Admin on multicraft. You're listed under "Players" as one. Did I misspell your name?