This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Oppa Gangnam Style!

edited August 2012 in Everything Else
Let's attempt to get it all out of our systems by posting all the things.

Here's the best new clip. Shot from behind at a music festival. Bad audio, but you can really feel the energy.

Post edited by Apreche on

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I never want to live another day without Gangnam style. :(
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Here is is on music show Inkigayo where a bunch of idols join in the fun.

• Here's the best cover video on YouTube. These girls aren't the greatest, but I give them mad props for actually matching the original music video.

• edited August 2012
    Gangnam Style report on CNN International.

• edited August 2012
    Official making of Gangnam Style

• Dance Practice

• I really wish there was a version of this with english subtitles. I feel there are many jokes I'm missing.
  • edited August 2012
    Gangnam Style at all the Starcraft tournaments and such.

• edited August 2012
    I really wish there was a version of this with english subtitles. I feel there are many jokes I'm missing.
    There aren't really jokes. The lyrics are basically all about how he likes the style of women who are from Gangnam, an affluent city district.
  • edited August 2012
    I really wish there was a version of this with english subtitles. I feel there are many jokes I'm missing.
    There is:

Gangnam is like Beverly Hills, and the girls there are classy!

Ah, Scott beat me to it.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • God, the energy at the Yeosu expo is just amazing. I would love to be there.
  • edited August 2012
    There aren't really jokes. The lyrics are basically all about how he likes the style of women who are from Gagnam, an affluent city district.
    Why are you spelling it differently in your posts than you did in the thread title?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • God, the energy at the Yeosu expo is just amazing. I would love to be there.
    Yes, you would love standing in a sea of teenage Korean girls jumping up and down.
  • edited August 2012
    Why are you spelling it differently in your posts than you did in the thread title?
    Because I corrected him.

EDIT: I don't know why he insists on spelling it Gagnam when it's clearly Gangnam.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Why are you spelling it differently in your posts than you did in the thread title?
    Because I corrected him.
    I have been spelling it wrong all this time...

• Inkigayo YESTERDAY!

• Yes. I thought you just typo-ed it.
  • I've already been practicing the dance. :3
  • Why are you spelling it differently in your posts than you did in the thread title?
    Because I corrected him.
    I have been spelling it wrong all this time...
    I thought you probably were, though I also considered the possibility of there being multiple valid spellings.
  • Wow, Youtube searches bear much better fruit when you spell things correctly.
  • Baseball game dugout dance.

• US Soldiers in Korea getting it on at the English pub.

• The Legend of Korra Gangnam style was pretty awesome. It was linked in Things of Your Day Thread a few days ago.
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hongdae_area

Apparently Hongdae is where PSY's company is located, so that video has an extra joke to it.
  • Also, I want to say that I saw Gangnam style the day it came out because I read this really ugly blog once a day.

http://runningmanclub.blogspot.com/

http://runningmanclub.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-psy-gangnam-style-yoo-jae-suk.html
  • Korra Version.
  • From now on, when would normally do an artillery strike on a thread, I'm just going to bring in some of that sweet, sweet GANGNAM STYLE~~<3