This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Life After Demonoid

2»

Comments

• Any chance someone has BTN invites? If you cannot respond to public requests, think of this as an inquiry.
    Nevermind. Got one.

• Any chance someone has BTN invites? If you cannot respond to public requests, think of this as an inquiry.
  • I read on their site that they've restricted giving invites to the highest user class. It's gonna be hard to get one anywhere but What.CD's invite thread
  • I has a sad from missing teh Demonoids. If anyone has an invitation for anything, I sure would appreciate getting one.
  • Send me a PM with your email if you want a What invite and don't have one. Also feel free to ask for bibliotik invites which I will be getting more of shortly.
  • Bibliotik? Is that for ebooks? I might be interested...
  • What are you doing were it's hard to pirate? Hokuto no Ken is on the pirate bay, go watch that. Just google for the name of the thing you want, and I bet the first result will be a pirate download that just works without any bullshit. Also TV-Nihon and Thoranime have badass IRC bots that will send you files. Other good places to search are The Piratebay and the Arch Community repos.
  • Any suggestions for Textbook ebook downloads? Those can be tricky to find.
  • Amazon has many ebooks for cheap. If you want free, I bet you the name of the specific book you're looking for in Google will result in a torrent of it, or an IRC bot that will send it to you for free.
  • In my field there aren't many torrents for textbooks, but there are a lot of PDFs on places like FilesTube. I find that searching for the 10 digit ISBN is a lot more successful than looking for the title too.
  • I've been reduced to using Scrapetorrent.com to find stuff. I used to use btjunkie, then went straight to Demonoid... Now I have to be a bit less picky about trackers and just get what I can get.
  • Why does it matter which tracker it is? Aren't trackers basically just DNS? All that shit is peer to peer, people using The Pirate Bay will seed just as fast. Just get the gnome extention that gives you piratebay/other websites search in the activities overview and you're golden.
  • Yeah, just get this vague Linux plugin...
  • The lenses sound like they're actually being promoted pretty well.

Ironically, the only reason I know about them is having to uninstall one what was messing up my sister's computer.
  • I'm sure there's a searchy plugin for Windows. If you're on Mac; Migrate to FreeBSD, because seriously. And then you can put Gnome on that and get the piratebay plugin.
  • I think you misspelled XFCE.
  • Any suggestions for Textbook ebook downloads? Those can be tricky to find.
    http://librarypirate.ph/?p=home&pid=1
  • I don't think there's a way to integrate piratebay searches into XFCE that is superior to a stand alone Piratebay application.

Also, a Mac user will probably enjoy Gnome 3 as it's basically all the nice parts of the Mac interface a couple of years before they get put in Mac OS and done better. They might enjoy the Elementary OS version the most, but I haven't tried that.

Xfce is just sorta there. If you go from Mac to FreeBSD running Xfce, chances are you'll think "According to Wikipedia, I'm better off, but I can't tell the difference, and I lost all my fancy!" while as with something shiny and animated, you go "Oooh pretty! Wait what does this button do? Oh my god that is amazing! Why is every computer not this intuitive and doesn't require me to move the mouse across every edge of the screen with 1mm/sec max cursor speed and then click on 5 things and draw 4 ponies with my trackpad?"
  • I think my predilection stems from feeling like old Gnome was running slowly (rather than any empirical evidence), but I've been running XFCE on any desktop linux machine I've used in the past five years. (Servers, of course, don't need a GUI)
  • I was not arguing XFCE's merits as a desktop; I think it's a great desktop. I was simply stating that Gnome 3 functions well as a implementation of the Piratebay as part of your desktop. Much better than the piratebay website. Also it's all sorts of fancy!
  • I used to use XFCE back in the day. Recent attempts at using it frustrated me with things like even worse than Gnome font rendering.
    Please, you like, SNEEZE glitter.
  • Recently found out it's back up. Don't know if I'll use it more than TPB.