This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awful manga.

edited September 2012 in Anime
Alright, here's an Awful Manga thread. Join me, you sick bastards, you can't all read gold all the time.

First up, so you may dip your toe without going too deep -

Boku wa ookami: See, there's this dude, and he's raised by wolves, and is therefore completely clueless. And it's a romance.

Futaba-kun Change: He's just this guy, you know? Until he's not, anyway. Starts out normally odd, and then takes a huge twist at the end.

Kanokon: Some mad bird with a tail is both an ancient animal spirit and probably guilty of statutory rape.

Upotte: A teacher comes to a strange school and is frequently injured trying to avoid being fucked by underage guns.

Zero in: Relatively normal, this one. A secret police unit composed of people who are friggin' mental, and also high-school students. For some reason, they're all incredible shots, and allowed to have firearms, despite not having pubes.

Also, I'll occasionally drop the stuff I stumble across something that's accidentally good - I'll probably drop that here too. Most of this stuff is terrible, but it's the kinda terrible that's like the Metaphorical train crash - Don't want to look, can't look away, all that - It's not literally the worst, because the worst would just be unreadable.

And before anyone starts whining, this is just to keep the garbage out of the regular manga thread, or more accurately, to more efficiently collect and catalog awful manga.
Post edited by Churba on

Comments

• Is it strange that I know that the Kanokon anime is actually worse than the manga? Still terrible manga series because 400 year old virgin tries to rape a Jason Biggs/Elijah Wood Hybrid, but the anime hits a point where it's offensive.
  • Pretty Face is a manga where a guy gets in a car crash and his face completely screwed up. It ends up getting reconstructed based off of a picture of the guy's crush that the crazy doctor found in the kid's pocket. The girl procedes to think that the guy is her long-lost twin sister. Hilarity (and theoretical incest) ensues.
  • edited September 2012
    Pretty Face is a manga where a guy gets in a car crash and his face completely screwed up. It ends up getting reconstructed based off of a picture of the guy's crush that the crazy doctor found in the kid's pocket. The girl procedes to think that the guy is her long-lost twin sister. Hilarity (and theoretical incest) ensues.
    I think I like my style of descriptions better. But still, I have that one on my list, though I've not read it yet. In the past few weeks, I've dragged my unread list down from 90-odd to 60-odd. I read pretty quick, I guess.

Though admittedly, some were deleted for the two things I can't stand - either art that doesn't agree with me, or an iron-hard grip on the status quo for no reason, much like Eiken had.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I have something to do now! Wheee!

BRB destroying brain cells
  • I have something to do now! Wheee!

BRB destroying brain cells
    Eh, you had too many of those already anyway.