This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What have you bought recently?

GeoGeo
edited September 2012 in Everything Else
If a thread like this exists, tell me so I can put this into moratorium.

Very simple idea for a thread. Geeks buy things on the internet constantly, this is a fact. That having been said, if you have bought something recently and feel like you want to show it off; do it here. The requirement, however, is that you must show visual proof that you have bought it by taking a picture of yourself with it. If you don't want to reveal your face, perfectly fine, but take a picture of the item anyway.

I'll start off by showing what I bought.

It's taken me a long time to buy this (cause I had no direct source of income for many years), but I finally have it and I am so happy.
Post edited by Geo on

Comments

• I've had my eye on this for a few months now, myself.
  • I've had my eye on this for a few months now, myself.
    Totally worth it. The commentary alone makes up for so goddamn much as it is incredibly enlightening.

• Serves you right having a stupid name.
  • The barista comped this one to me, for no reason other than being nice. They all know me by name there...
  • I can't afford to be a regular at Starbucks. :-P Our baristas change with the moon anyway. I always tip a 20 on Christmas, though. Only saw one dude in 5 years (a customer) try to palm it back out. 40 y/o guy in a suit...
  • Not me, but my spousal overunit has purchased maternity clothes.
  • While that is funny, maybe I should clarify what should be posted. Don't turn this into a Twitter-esque dumping ground (i.e. "I just ate an epic hamburger"). I'm talking about the kinds of stuff that caters to the interests of geeks that they like to indulge their time and money into.
  • LOL. Because you own these forums.

Today I bought a Salted Caramel Mocha. It's pretty much the only highlight of my day.

Today I bought a Salted Caramel Mocha. It's pretty much the only highlight of my day.
    Been meaning to try that...
  • Salt makes everything better...
  • While that is funny, maybe I should clarify what should be posted. Don't turn this into a Twitter-esque dumping ground (i.e. "I just ate an epic hamburger"). I'm talking about the kinds of stuff that caters to the interests of geeks that they like to indulge their time and money into.
    Bahahahahahaha Epic Bucksters thread!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, RO. WHY CAN'T YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS?!?!??!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, RO. WHY CAN'T YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS?!?!??!
    This good enough for ya?

• made my day!
  • edited September 2012
    Hey Rym Rim:
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Hey Rym Rim:

• Spent four hundred bucks on a single set of things from Amazon - textbooks, school supplies, and a minifridge. I'm getting free shipping on the fridge and it looks like I'll have it on Tuesday.
  • I wanted to get a messenger bag and look what showed up in the valve store

I think I've made my decision.
  • Before you do, consider Bailey Works. They are really well made, and designed for actually being used for a bicycle, i.e. having built on reflector strips, waterproof covering, a quick release on the front, a secondary strap under the arm to stabilize the bag while riding, etc. I know I sound like an ad, but they are the best. I've had one for 4 years and nothing has gone wrong yet.

I got mine at a local bike store cheaper than what is on the site, however. I would still recommend it if you have the need and the money, but if you just need a bag the Aperture Science one would probably better.
  • I mostly just need a bag but I think I'll wait some more. The shipping was $10 for the cheapest shipping from the Valve Store, which is outrageous. I may just wait until I find a coupon or just get something else.
  • Always go Chrome for the messenger bags.
    I'm more of a Samsonite man, myself.
    Miller bag, hah.

I've been looking at Timbuk2 bags mostly since a lot of people in my office have those. Someone had mentioned chrome but I haven't looked into it too much.
  • edited September 2012
    Technically speaking, I made this. However, I bought all the stuff to make it. So I bought it indirectly.

EDIT: Smartass option: I bought a woman using shiny shit.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Well-played.

Gonna give to someone as a Birthday Present. (He has a Cthulhu Bumper Sticker on his car, I know he'll dig it)
  • edited September 2012
    You sir bought an excellent female. ~_^
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • See, now that's an engagement ring I can get behind. Very unique and non-traditional. Plus it's an emerald, right? My birthstone.

Nuri, I'm jelly. GRATS!