This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What have you bought recently?

Comments

• Bought a 30 dollar hose that was a piece of shit. Leaked from the screw in part up top, had tons of knots, and wasted more water and was a much bigger hazard than watering my plants with a pitcher. Fuck hoses.
  • Chicken Nachos.
    $20 at Newbury Comics. About as much as it was on ThinkGeek with shipping.
    This is a very nerdy book that I am eager to read.
  • edited August 2013
    Found all of Aura Battler Dunbine for $5 a disc at a local video rental shop. Yes, even the elusive volumes 11 and 12. I am so jazzed. Will start watching soon.

Also, somewhat unrelated: found the Lying Cat shirt in stock at my work today. Grabbed it immediately.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • @Eryn: Could you please tell me if it is incomprehensible as everyone says it is.
  • Sure thing. I will let you know.
  • edited September 2013
    I couldn't find a food thread so I hope this is good here. Bacon cheeseburger poutine. image
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at this.
  • It's okay. We have free health care. image
  • I forgot to mention, poutine is the best thing to put sriracha on.
  • edited November 2013
    twitch.tv t-shirt for charity.

http://store.twitch.tv/
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Just pre-ordered the Panasonic GH4 I have been waiting for. Prepare to see our ugly faces and Netrunner cards in stunning 4K.

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4KBODY 16.05MP Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera with 4K Cinematic Video (Body Only)
  • Baby gates. Lots of baby gates.
  • much records. very vinyl. wow. Some Southside Johnny, some Grin, a Motown record called "Hold On" by High Energy that I picked up purely because it said "DJ Copy Not For Sale" on it, and a Doonesbury novelty record that reportedly has Duck Dunn and Keith Moon on it.
  • New guitar get.

• Eight stockade fence panels.

I replaced a vinyl picket fence that my cats liked to walk through to get to the driveway. Now my entire backyard is fenced in so they can hang outside without me worrying about them easily running off where they should not go.
  • Hellboy Library Edition Volume 6. Reading through these oversized editions of Hellboy makes me appreciate Mignola's (and others) art so much more. Also, while I usually prefer to read things in chronological order, I like the reordering they did for these editions, changing things up a bit. I really hope Dark Horse continues the Library Editions with BPRD and all the other Hellboy spin-offs.
  • Woot, just got Pokemon Soul Silver, Platinum, and White 2 for $35 total.
  • So, if anyone here listens to the Doug Stanhope Podcast, or saw Doug on the "Last Gasp" tour that I saw him on, they'll understand the significance of this shirt.

My guess is either Popov will send a cease and desist, or when Doug sells out, he'll be too afraid of a lawsuit to make more shirts. Either way, get it while it's there.
  • I just bought a new mattress.

Guys, if you have an old mattress, seriously, get a new mattress. Holy crap the difference is astounding.
  • Funny that we are getting a new mattress tomorrow (eerrr.. This Morning)
  • I bought a bespoke shirt online. It's great, made to my exact measure. I ordered a four more in a variety of colours refining my measurements to practical ones rather than the pure measured ones to give my neck a bit of slack etc..
  • I got some Lupin the 3rd bootlegs at Goodwill somehow.
  • This was a gift, but I got a cigar box banjo. There's this old warehouse here in Huntsville, AL that's been repurposed as a mall of small artsy businesses, including a guy who makes tons of cigar box instruments. It was a lot of fun to just jam and talk with him. I started playing a Southside Johnny song, and so we started talking about Bruce Springsteen. He was from Jersey originally, and got to jam with Mad Dog! Super cool.
  • It is remarkable the difference a good pair of shoes can make. I bought a nice pair of hiking shoes before my vacation next week and it's like walking on air!
  • Bought a couple of fountain pens.
  • NERF N-Strike Mega Magnus which I've modded for extra pew power.