This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Torchlight II

edited September 2012 in Video Games
It comes out tomorrow. Who wants to mindlessly click on stuff together?!

Comments

• Also, Steam pre-loading is available now.
  • My backlog is too big from the summer sale but I will get this game eventually.
  • I will get Torchlight 2 eventually. I'm currently knee deep in playing Guild Wars 2 at the moment.
  • I have it loaded and ready. COMMENCE CLICKING.
  • I will get Torchlight 2 eventually. I'm currently knee deep in playing Guild Wars 2 at the moment.
  • I'm up for some clickn'
  • Why does so many games come out now, or have came little while ago? I promised myself that I will get me in some Guild Wars 2 action after I get my new computer (today), but I'd like to do some Torchlight click action too.

Maybe I wait until next month with Torchlight, there has to be some people to play it with even if I'm little late to the party.
  • Just finished the first act on Elite with my roommate. Man that boss was a pain for us glass cannons. Embermage is fantastic, otherwise. A wizard that goes berserk and disregards all mana costs? Feels good, mang.
  • Just finished the first act on Elite with my roommate. Man that boss was a pain for us glass cannons. Embermage is fantastic, otherwise. A wizard that goes berserk and disregards all mana costs? Feels good, mang.
    Yeah, that is pretty much my strategy. Run away taking pot shots until the meter fills up. I just wish the meter was smaller, so it didn't clog up my screen.
  • I tried the Engie first, but much prefer the outlander. I've got pistols up in here, yo. PEW PEW PEW
    Yeah, that is pretty much my strategy. Run away taking pot shots until the meter fills up. I just wish the meter was smaller, so it didn't clog up my screen.
    It's just so satisfying - it seems to go against everything Action-RPGs have taught me about the spellcaster class. Also, up until recently I was only pumping skill points into the lightning bolt attack and passive skills. It wasn't until level 18 or so that my friends caught on and asked why I wasn't using any other spells. I said I didn't have any :D
    It's just so satisfying - it seems to go against everything Action-RPGs have taught me about the spellcaster class. Also, up until recently I was only pumping skill points into the lightning bolt attack and passive skills. It wasn't until level 18 or so that my friends caught on and asked why I wasn't using any other spells. I said I didn't have any :D
    The basic lightning spell isn't lightning. It's prismatic. It does every element of damage and has a chance of all four times of elementary status effect. It also is homing. That's why I also made it my only spell (so far).

I put all my other points into passive abilities. There's all the ones that do a crazy explosion of damage if the guy is already shocked/frozen/etc. There's the one that might freeze a whole bunch of people. There's the one that just teleports people who hit you. There's the one that makes random magical shit happen if you hit someone with a wand. The one that makes the meter charge up faster. They all stack up on top of each other.

Also, I dual wield wands. Accidentally spent a point or two on the staff skill. Oh well.
  • I've played through the first act on two characters - one's an Outlander specced heavily into party support abilities like Stone Pact and Share the Wealth, and the other's a Berserker with a shield and a ridiculous collection of passive abilities that stack armor and health. So far, the only real weakness to the second one is that I don't have any good AoE. He is incredibly durable.
  • I've played through the first act on two characters - one's an Outlander specced heavily into party support abilities like Stone Pact and Share the Wealth, and the other's a Berserker with a shield and a ridiculous collection of passive abilities that stack armor and health. So far, the only real weakness to the second one is that I don't have any good AoE. He is incredibly durable.
    You should team up with me Mr. Shieldy.
  • Don't do it! Scott just wants to use and abuse your meaty-shieldness. After all is said and done, he'll discard you like an old bone for the hounds to fight over.

=P
  • Don't worry, I'm used to this kind of treatment. Spent too many years tanking in MMOs, I know my usefulness only goes as far as my HP bar :P
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah Scott, we basically made the exact same build. What level are you on?
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Yeah Scott, we basically made the exact same build. What level are you on?
    Low 20s.
  • I bought this, but have yet to play it.
  • Don't worry, I'm used to this kind of treatment. Spent too many years tanking in MMOs, I know my usefulness only goes as far as my HP bar :P
    I know this feeling all too well being the designated Heal bot. I never did any tanking because I was too afraid I may screw up and not get enough aggro.
  • I'm on early act 2 with cannon wielding Engineer, with healing bot and explosive mechanical spiders. Really liking the class, but there's too little use for the charge bar. Other classes get something cool every time it charges up, but engineers only have few specific skills that use the charge bar. And on low levels all those skills are for melee build.

Played one time connected on Internet and made my game open to other people. Some people came in, killed some things and left. I say that even with only three players killing stuff at the same time the screen gets little crowded with colors of all kind.
  • I'm on early act 2 with cannon wielding Engineer, with healing bot and explosive mechanical spiders. Really liking the class, but there's too little use for the charge bar. Other classes get something cool every time it charges up, but engineers only have few specific skills that use the charge bar. And on low levels all those skills are for melee build.

Played one time connected on Internet and made my game open to other people. Some people came in, killed some things and left. I say that even with only three players killing stuff at the same time the screen gets little crowded with colors of all kind.
    It is true that the game does not let you zoom out enough, and also many dungeons are just too dark.
  • edited September 2012
    It is true that the game does not let you zoom out enough, and also many dungeons are just too dark.
    Apparently there are some people who think it's not dark enough, considering that I saw discussion and pictures in Internet about mod that makes it a lot darker. Although the problem wasn't darkness, but all the lights from skill and spell effects.

Edit: So who wants to play when, with engineer on early 20s?
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • Played a bunch last night and loved it. Much better than D3 in my opinion. It also made me realize why I hate Borderlands 2 multiplayer. BL2 has shared loot, which turns the game into a race to get the best loot the fastest. It's much more competitive and mixed with the randomness of the drops, really frustrates you if you have a greedy teammate.

I'm currently running a Necromancer Pistolero Outlander spec'd for summoning and ranged weapons. The Shadowling Ammo is a really cool perk.
  • I should be free to play on Friday after work. Do we want to actually schedule something?
  • edited September 2012
    This is why I don't group up with people who are loot whores.

While it seems Torchlight II has a better loot system than BL2, most of the people I play with will give the weapons that aren't necessarily tailored to their class to the respective class.

I also make sure to give Jeremy the better sniper guns as long as he gives me the good SMGs.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Yeah, I only play BL2 Coop with people I know. I'll be the first one to bitch about all the crud involved in the loot system, level design, mechanics, whatever.
  • I guess the problem is that all my gaming friends are assholes when it comes to loot. :(
  • If you mean Jason, then yes. I've learned this all too well.
  • I guess the problem is that all my gaming friends are assholes when it comes to loot. :(
    Don't blame the player, blame the game.