This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• To those who have been, is it worth it to attend even for a day?
    Not even a little bit.
    One day is better than no days.
  • If you live in the area I suppose, but I wouldn't travel a long distance for only a day.
  • If you live in the area I suppose, but I wouldn't travel a long distance for only a day.
    Oh, agreed. I didn't look at it from that perspective. My bad.
  • My best friend/platonic soul mate is coming to PAX East. It just got like 12 times better.
  • My best friend/platonic soul mate is coming to PAX East. It just got like 12 times better.
    Giggity.
  • He is tall and fashionable.
  • To those who have been, is it worth it to attend even for a day?
    Do you live in a state bordering MA?
  • 3 Day Passes gone! Single day is still available.
  • 3 Day Passes gone! Single day is still available.
    As expected! I'm really glad that I was able to pick up the 3-Day Passes so quickly.
  • Heh... They're not selling single-day passes: they're selling really expensive three-day badges that come in three pieces...
  • I do think this means Rym lost his cash bet yes? By like 3-4 hours?
  • edited October 2012
    Heh... They're not selling single-day passes: they're selling really expensive three-day badges that come in three pieces...
    Actually my estimation is that they upped the 3 day pass count and reduced the single day count. However that is but an estimation.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Heh... They're not selling single-day passes: they're selling really expensive three-day badges that come in three pieces...
    Actually my estimation is that they upped the 3 day pass count and reduced the single day count. However that is but an estimation.
    Based on things Khoo said at Prime, I'd guess the opposite. Remember: East just straight-up has a higher capacity space-wise.

• I actually got my badge on my own volition and before they were sold out, so I'll see you dudes there! (Oh I now need a hotel room.)
  • Yay! Conrad!
  • Hot damn, I'm so excited to see all of you guys!
  • Kuya! PAX PINOY PRIDE!
  • edited October 2012
    You know what? I ain't even sad. I can't afford to PAX right now and probably wont until I graduate. See you all in a year and a half.

Except you, Alex. I'll see you in a couple weeks.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Kuya! PAX PINOY PRIDE!
    MABUHAY PINOY, ATE!

• Thanks to this thread I was able to get my 3-day passes before they sold out. Word.
  • I played Baseball and Soccer, my entire childhood, it did not help.
    Baseball here, too. I still have my championship plate around somewhere. Theatre helped more than baseball ever did, I never really fit in with that crowd too well.

• edited October 2012
    Not going to be able to attend 2013 due to new baby being due basically within a month or so of PAX East. Can't leave my spousal overunit alone with a newborn, plus PAX really isn't the best place for a newborn either.
    Matt did it.
    With a newborn? The baby's due date is March 11th, so we're talking barely out of the hospital baby here.
    I have seen one or two people at PAX with "holy shit that just came from the hospital!" babies, but I would advise against it. My kid was almost 9 months when we took her, and I had a great time. A note of caution though, it was a very different PAX experience than my previous ones, and only enjoyable because I set realistic expectations. I spent about half of PAX doing exactly what I wanted to do, with her happily watching or napping, and the other half of PAX was spent respecting her limits with regular stops in the room for food/nap/playtime.

If you go next year with your kid, they'd be 12 months old and have a fully developed immune system. Since that would be closer to my experience, here's some more advice. Switch things up to keep them interested. We rotated between holding, stroller, front-pack, and a hiking backpack (got a great kids.Woot deal on one!). Also invest in some gun-range style hearing protection, especially for the expo hall. She slept for two hours in my backpack with the headphones on while I did my tour of the expo hall!

Will be back at PAX East this year, sans family (to return in 2014!). In all likelihood I'll be enforcing this time around. Talked to Father Fletch from Tabletop department about it a while back and was all for it. Just a matter of waiting for all the official signups and such now.

Post edited by Matt on
  • I've been so busy with school and other stuff that I didn't see this thread existing and was not able to get a 3-day pass. Unless I buy 3 individual single day passes (which I might cave in to do if I can't find any other way of getting a 3 day pass), I'm probably not going to attend PAX East 2013. Very sadface.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2012
    doublepost
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Sorry for that Geo :(
  • I'm debating between enforcing, or just going up Saturday. Probably going to enforce, though.
  • How does one become an Enforcer? Seeing behind the scenes stuff is pretty cool.
  • How does one become an Enforcer? Seeing behind the scenes stuff is pretty cool.
    You wait for them to put out the call for enforcers, then apply. It'll probably be around mid november.
    You'll also want to be a person who finds spending at least 18 hours of your PAX working instead of playing to be cool.
    Which, as it turns out, it really really is.