This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• How does one become an Enforcer? Seeing behind the scenes stuff is pretty cool.
    You'll also want to be a person who finds spending at least 18 hours of your PAX working instead of playing to be cool.
    Which, as it turns out, it really really is.
    I've already been to PAX East twice and I think it would be a fun experience to Enforce, or at the very least a unique one.
  • Is everyone getting the Enforcer itch this year? If our little forum here could serve as a small sample, PA may have too many applicants at this rate.
  • Nope. Not me!
  • I am now the most popular nerd at school (and my school is about %75 nerds) because I have a three-day badge.
  • I only work for CTcon...and I'll consider Zenkaikon at some point.
  • Nope. Not me!
    You served your time :)
    I want to be a citizen, not just a civilian.

• If they made being an enforcer something I could reg for earlier, I'd be more tempted. It's a thing I want to do... and this east would be a good opportunity, but I feel pretty odd about leaving it to chance.
  • To those who have been, is it worth it to attend even for a day?
    Do you live in a state bordering MA?
    I go to college in Waltham, getting into the city on a weekend is trivial. Problem is I'm poor as fuck at the moment and I've got to limit my expenses.
  • If you have $60 to spend towards luxuries, I'd say its worth it. If it's between PAX or food, I'd still say its worth it but you shouldn't listen to me.
  • I am now the most popular nerd at school (and my school is about %75 nerds) because I have a three-day badge.
    Does Roxxy have a badge?
    When I went to BLS, it was split among Asian kids with tiger mothers who had no idea of what fun was, regular kids who were just smart enough to get in, and a comparatively small number of what we would call geeks. I'm glad to see things are getting better.
  • edited October 2012
    Man I wish I could go to more cons, but I can't justify spending the moneys to go out-of-state. PAX is my one out-of-state thing I spend too much money on, the rest have to be in Atlanta. I wish I could easily go to the other cool cons. ;-;
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • So, I ordered my tickets, I reserved my hotel, and I booked my flight. I think I've got this, guys!
  • I'm so bummed that I can't attend it this year. Maybe next year...
  • Me too, but mainly because I won't see the crew there and they won't be helping me run content at Zenkaikon :-p
  • edited October 2012
    Finally decided to reserve a hotel. Its like a mile away, but it looks like a cool area to check out Boston.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I don't think I can attend this year unless a miracle happens.
  • If you were an Enforcer, roll call for East is up in the forums.
  • Already signed up. Shit's gonna be this cash.
    How about for new?
  • edited November 2012
    Well it's a roll call, so it's currently only open to previous Enforcers. Just look out for Tweets from Official_PAX when they ask for new Enforcers. If I see anything, I'll definitely post here.

Edit: PRD says applications for new Enforcers will go up soon.

Edit Edit: PRD = Princess Red Dot = Lindsay = Head of Enforcers = Head of Child's Play = Awesome person.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited November 2012
    Requests for new Enforcers probably won't go out until the new year, I'd guess.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • More than likely, seeing that the roll call deadline is until 12/31.
    How about for new?
    After last PAX East I let Father Fletch (tabletop guy) know I wanted to enforce this year. Just got this email out of the blue: "So quick update, we are not taking on new Enforcers just yet. Keep posted, and I will try and drop you a line as soon as I know more." So as everyone else just said, it sounds like conversations are going on re: Enforcing, but they're handling the existing Enforcer community first.

• Well, roll call just started, I doubt PRD will call for new people before roll call ends and she knows how many returning Enforcers she's getting. We'll keep you guys posted, definitely.
  • Well Matt is just a special person. Having all them connections. More than likely there will be a roll call for new applicants. There is one every PAX.
  • Well Matt is just a special person. Having all them connections. More than likely there will be a roll call for new applicants. There is one every PAX.
    I don't think I know anyone involved with PAX that anyone here who is a prior Enforcer or ran a tabletop panel wouldn't know :P I just reached out to FF about Enforcing because we've talked a lot in the past, and figured if he had any strings to pull, I'd be most useful to his department.

• I'm just messing. I think TT would greatly benefit having you as an [E]. If you do join them, they have a lot of awesome people who work it.
  • Looks like applications are up! FLY, YOU FOOLS!

http://east.paxsite.com/enforcers