This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Red Bull Stratos

edited October 2012 in Everything Else
So, some dude is jumping from space right about now.

Comments

• Aaand cancelled.
  • edited October 2012
    Watching this at work right now while people work on our lights. No sound, unfortunately (this computer's speakers can't be on), but the visuals should say enough hopefully. Right now I see lots of weather balloon action. Cools.

EDIT: Cancelled? Ohhh, is that why everyone looks so dour?
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Yeah, apparently the winds down low were too gusty to let it proceed safely.
  • The next launch window is in 7 hours.

• He launched. This is for real this time, you guys.
  • I just realized that there is a possibility of the worlds fastest splat.
  • I just realized that there is a possibility of the worlds fastest splat.
    There is that, just want him to jump now.

Also childish I know but the announcer seems to be saying Bum-Gardener.

• He just radio'd that his face heater wasn't working, and they immediately cut the audio and went to different cameras.
  • Seems ok now, they haven't said any more about it.
  • "That's a mirror!"
  • Hurry up dude. Football is starting soon!
  • Just drop all the fucking ballast! Faster!
    It's gonna take around 3 hours for the full ascent.
    Not like any real cool games are starting soon. :P
    No cool games all weekend except Giants.
  • edited October 2012
    Hurry up dude. Football is starting soon!
    No cool games all weekend except Giants.
    While the Seahawks probably have a small chance of beating the Patriots, I want to at least see a few false starts because Tom Brady is talking some mad shit. http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2012/10/11/tom-brady-wants-to-make-the-12th-man-boo-their-own-seahawks/

Sorry to hijack your space jump thread. The commentating is a bit boring, so I'm playing games on my iPad while checking back on the ascending part.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Dude just coughed on-mic. That's a bit unprofessional.
  • Youtube live events are fucked up for me. During the last debate and now this, all I get is "Please stand by. Starting soon..." and Google is unhelpful in finding answers.
  • Youtube live events are fucked up for me. During the last debate and now this, all I get is "Please stand by. Starting soon..." and Google is unhelpful in finding answers.
    That was happening to me too. For some reason, opening the stream in an incognito tab helped. Might be due to an extension I have installed.
  • No cool games all weekend except Giants.
    Not so fast there.
  • Dude just coughed on-mic. That's a bit unprofessional.
    Yeah, he's not really doing a great job. They'd probably be better off with two announcers, more like a sports broadcast.
  • That was happening to me too. For some reason, opening the stream in an incognito tab helped. Might be due to an extension I have installed.
    It was HTTPS Everywhere. Disabling the youtube filter doesn't fix it, but disabling all does.
  • That was happening to me too. For some reason, opening the stream in an incognito tab helped. Might be due to an extension I have installed.
    It was HTTPS Everywhere. Disabling the youtube filter doesn't fix it, but disabling all does.
    Ah, that's definitely it. I have HTTPS Everywhere as well.
  • No cool games all weekend except Giants.
    Not so fast there.
    I'm talking about the day games. The night game is always great.
  • His face heater still isn't working. They say they're "troubleshooting", but really, how much troubleshooting can you do from 110,000 ft? "Oh, sorry, Felix. It was off. We turned it on for you. Have a good fall!"
  • He's almost at the target height. What are they going to do, tell him not to jump?
  • He's almost at the target height. What are they going to do, tell him not to jump?
    Drop while staying inside the capsule, maybe? Not sure if that's an option.
    I think you don't want to be ascending when you jump.
  • He's going to jump. Going through the egress checklist. Watch now if you've been putting it off!