This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hurricane Sandy

edited October 2012 in Everything Else
Might as well have its own thread.

Here's hoping we get a big ass storm that keeps everyone home from work for days, with power, and nobody actually gets hurt.

Comments

• Here's hoping we get a big ass storm that keeps everyone home from work for days, with power, and nobody actually gets hurt.
    I'll drink to that!
  • And I will also virtually pour one out for all the people who have jobs which require extra hard work in a storm like the utility workers, emergency services, meteorologists, etc.
  • It's pronounced "FRAHNK-en-storm".
  • I would rather not, since I have an interview on Monday and Tuesday is election day.
  • Looks like a hand puppet about to swallow Kentucky.
  • I would rather not, since I have an interview on Monday and Tuesday is election day.
    Election day isn't til the week after.

I'm gonna go hit the liquor store. I think wine will be the best bet.

I'm gonna go hit the liquor store. I think wine will be the best bet.
    I've got Southern Comfort, Bacardi, and a bottle of Chocolate Cake Vodka (I forget the brand), but now that you mention it a bottle or two of Merlot wouldn't hurt.
    ...What? Time is happen in sequential progression?

My sense of time is fucked from not having a job or classes. Fine then, Hurricane away. We're making landjaeger tonight!

• edited October 2012
    Alright, I got 6 more gallons of water and some chips and crackers to cut all the beans and soup I bought. Also got some batteries for the LED flashlights. I think I'm ready.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Columbia is preparing for a possible shutdown/power outage Monday-Tuesday. I'm not sure how seriously to actually take them.
    On a good note, that preparation has postponed one of my midterms for possibly more than a week.
  • We're making landjaeger tonight!
    Also, WANT!
  • I got all excited when I heard Sandy was hitting the east coast, but NC won't see hide nor hair of her. We need rain damn it!
  • Is it panic time yet? I love panic time.
  • NC will likely see some of the outer rain bands down east. But yeah, not so much inland.
  • Is it panic time yet? I love panic time.
    You tell me, you're the scientist.
  • He's a biologist. He does bacteria, not weather.
  • Tuesday is election day.
    this really confused me. I thought my sense of time had gone awry.
  • I got all excited when I heard Sandy was hitting the east coast, but NC won't see hide nor hair of her. We need rain damn it!
    Dry cracked soil + heavy rain =
  • this really confused me. I thought my sense of time had gone awry.
    I don't know who you are. >_<
  • It's vaguelyweird.
  • Am I the only one not battening down the hatches? I mean, I have to go to work in any case, since I have a project due by the end of the week. I guess I'll just get a little wet. (unless the subway shuts down, in which case I'll be hard at work playing FTL)
  • edited October 2012
    Depends where you are in the path and how close to shore. Western PA/East Ohio's density is rather low and will most likely need to stock up. Snow and Ice is the biggest concern with that storm. I should be find over by Akron unless we get Ice which does havoc on our power grid here.

Not looking forward to next week I got to be out on a dam tues/weds.
    Post edited by Alan on
    Showers of bacteria? I'm on it.

Showers of bacteria? I'm on it.

What kind of bacteria am I looking at when I catch raindrops in my mouth?
    Dry cracked soil + heavy rain =
    Good thing I don't live in an extreme mountain gorge.
    I don't know who you are. >_<</p>
    it's chie &/ the no fun girl from oglaf.
    I don't know who you are. >_<</p>
    it's chie &/ the no fun girl from oglaf.
    I don't even...
  • Lets just say I'm not going to put a bid on a potential house till after this storm hits :-p