This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Star Wars: The Disney Era

Comments

• Star Wars Episode VII spoilers: Everyone is actually Star Wars action figures. Toy Story IV.
  • edited November 2012
    Star Wars 7 & Beyond: Empire, Jedi Writer Lawrence Kasdan Onboard for Sequel in New Trilogy.
    Nice.
    I sure would love to see Channing Tatum play Han Solo...
    Not nice.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Lens flares on lightsabers will be super cool
  • Two words:

1. Found

2. Footage
  • He would have been my second choice. My first being Brad Bird.
  • Ah shit. The story is going to suck. That's a pity.
  • Ah shit. The story is going to suck. That's a pity.
    Well, he is not penning the story so we could be safe. I think this could be similar to Avengers in that they main rein Abrams in like they did to Whedon for that movie.
  • I hope it will be better than the Avengers. Then again the Avengers is a better movie that half of all Star Wars movies...
  • I hope it's as fun a movie as Avengers, I don't expect my Star Wars films to be "good".
  • I hope it's as fun a movie as Avengers, I don't expect my Star Wars films to be "good".
    Star Wars was fun and re-watchable. Avengers was fun, but I have no desire to ever see it again.

• edited January 2013
    I hope it's as fun a movie as Avengers, I don't expect my Star Wars films to be "good".
    Star Wars was fun and re-watchable. Avengers was fun, but I have no desire to ever see it again.

I'm talking Star wars films as a whole, also I've watched Avengers like 5 or 6 times since it came out. Soooo.

Post edited by Cremlian on
  • When I compared it to The Avengers I did not mean that the Star Wars film would compare to The Avengers but that they would limit the director's creative control like they did with Whedon. I am pretty sure the two films will not compare to one another.
  • Avenges would have been a great movie if:

1. Iron Man had died
    2. Hawkeye hadn't been in it

Star Wars I would have been a great movie if:

1. George Lucas has died
    2. Jar Jar Binks hadn't been in it.
  • If we're going to go with the worst Star Wars, it has to be Episode II.
  • If we're going to go with the worst Star Wars, it has to be Episode II.
    Agreed. It is just so boring and there is nothing to it at all.

• I don't even remember what it was about.
  • The new writer has been announced!!!
  • edited April 2013
    As fanfiction-y as that whole thing sounded, PLEASE tell me you mean Patton Oswalt is the writer. That sounded awesome.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • That was apparently ad-libbed as well.
  • Am I the only one who kept thinking "the X-men dont have a Quinjet."?
  • My shields can't repel hype of that magnitude!
  • It's so good.
  • I'm cautiously optimistic, especially after the hype for Episode 1.
  • I'm well past the age of seeing the first screening. I also learned my lesson all those years ago. If it's good, I'll see it on Christmas like the Jew I am.
  • I used to be a giant Star Wars fan. I read every book the library had with Star Wars on it(except for maybe some of those tales from the whatever series) and I have no interest in seeing this movie. I'm not even sure I want to go back and revisit the old ones. I have no faith in Disney, I have less than no faith in JJ Abrams, and the whole thing just feels like even more of a cash grab than the current MCU. Sorry, I'll let you all get back to having fun now, I just wanted to say my piece.
  • the whole thing just feels like even more of a cash grab than the current MCU.

I mean... No.