This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Voted?

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I haven't seen a single Romney = police state post on FB and most of my CT friends are liberal. It stands to reason, though, since George Bush II practically invented the American police state with his Republican congress during his two terms.

Not that Obama has fixed it.
    Why would Republicans get rid of something that kills Dems before they are born ?
    Classy.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Lever machines are the best. If I lived in a house with a big empty basement I would install a DDR machine and a decommissioned lever voting machine. Pretty sure they are still used in Beacon where I voted with one as recently as 2008. My parents might also still use them in Trumbull, CT.
    New Jersey had the lever machines until they had to change after the Florida fiasco. Something tells me those things could have worked another 100 years.

We have electronic machines, but not the touchscreen ones. It's more like light-up buttons with a paper grid over it.
  • Yup, posts like: 'If Romney wins I will lose my civil rights for at least the next four years.'

Obama will behave as all Presidents have. Once their power is expanded it is never given back.
  • If Romney wins I will lose my civil rights because

Yeah, I hate it too. It's dumb on both sides of the vast insurmountable gulf of fire.
  • Yup, posts like: 'If Romney wins I will lose my civil rights for at least the next four years.'

Obama will behave as all Presidents have. Once their power is expanded it is never given back.
    Well, he did undo accounting loopholes that would have benefited him politically re: the national debt, but otherwise, you're right.
  • My sister just voted after her surgery yesterday. I am proud :P
  • I have not voted because I hate democracy.
    Commie.
    If I vote multiple times does that mean I love democracy ?
    No but you may be a democrat.
  • Voted absentee! I feel bad for some of my NY friends, Sandy fucked with the timing of their ballots.
    Commie.
    That's an unfair conclusion to jump to. What if he's a monarchist?

• I'm gonna vote straight Whig.

Ahem, Vietnam calling. After the Vietnam War, there was a severe curtailing of Presidential power, including passage of the War Powers Act. Watergate also contributed to the curtailing of Presidential power. In recent years, Presidential power has been growing, that is true, but there's no reason to assume it won't retreat again. These things tend to be cyclical if you actually follow history. For example, Lincoln greatly expanded Presidential power during the Civil War and it was then scaled back again after the corruption disaster that was the Grant administration.

Commie.
    That's an unfair conclusion to jump to. What if he's a monarchist?

He's still a commie.
    No but you may be a democrat.
    Funny how the only arrest this year so far for an attempt to vote twice was a Republican woman.
  • How bout you two just stop right there and not create another stupid flame war?
  • How bout you two just stop right there and not create another stupid flame war?
    Amen!
  • I think the people who complain about Obama secretly wish he would win so they can still complain about him.
  • No I think that a great many of them ACTUALLY believe that he is actively ruining the country every day that he's sitting in the President chair.
  • Man, I wish they would institute poll fees or IQ tests or something.
    CAW!! CAW!!
    CAW!! CAW!!
    I don't get your reference.

CAW!! CAW!!

Jim Crow.
    CAW!! CAW!!

Really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws
  • I assume he's kidding. :0)
  • edited November 2012
    Jim Crow?

edit: ninja'd hard.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Ohhhhhhh, I get it. It was just terrible, so my mind was actively rebelling against getting the joke.
  • I personally thought of Wilderness Explorers.

• Bake sale at voting place. A dangerous combination. Vote cake 2012.