This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Boston 2013

Comments

• Strange question to ask, but does anyone have a brown fedora I can borrow. It's for cosplay. I'll take good care of it!
  • Do you REALLY need a Fedora or will a trilby do? I have a couple of triblys.
  • Do you REALLY need a Fedora or will a trilby do? I have a couple of triblys.
    I salute the person who knows the difference. Bravo.

• FYI, I'll probably only be on site from roughly 9 AM to 9 PM on Friday and Saturday and won't be there on Sunday. This is due to the new baby.
  • Putting finishing touches on new panel, trying to get my old standby its upgrade but it might need to wait for Connecticon for that to happen.
  • I have four new clips for Anime Openers from Around the World. Thanks to Italy.
  • For those preparing for the weather, keep in mind that it's going to start raining up here today, and end sometime Sunday.
  • So I am official for Friday, if there is a groupme can someone add me? email is jordan.angeltech@gmail.com
    Done.
  • Can someone add Will, too? docshinryuu@gmail.com
  • What about parking? Should I park near the CON or at a T station. If a T station which color line is the convention center on?
  • Park at the T. You want the green line.
  • That's just, like, terrible advice. The green line sucks.

If you're coming up 93, Braintree's the way to go. Park there, red line to orange line to Back Bay Station.
  • You definitely do not want to park in Boston. Worst parking prices I've ever seen ever in my life.
  • The green line has a stop right at the hynes.
  • You definitely do not want to park in Boston. Worst parking prices I've ever seen ever in my life.
    Know of a good garage then that will work 24 hours?
  • Can someone add Will, too? docshinryuu@gmail.com
    Done.
    What about parking? Should I park near the CON or at a T station. If a T station which color line is the convention center on?
    I agree that it's wicked expensive to park in Boston. But if you're pressed for time or have complicated logistics it can be awfully convenient. I don't remember how old your daughter is, but depending on the kid a trip on the subway can either be an exciting part of the Boston experience, or a huge pain in the ass at the end of the day when everybody's overtired, overstimulated, and spent two hours in a bag-check line behind Naruto cosplayers shouting memes.
  • We've never driven to Boston for anything, and never plan to. Mass transit every time. So, I have no idea the best way to get there by car. Even Amtrak is cheaper than driving + parking.
  • How late does the T run? I haven't used it since I worked in Southie over 20 years ago.
  • 1230, 1245, right around there.
  • The green line has a stop right at the hynes.
    But the green line is god-awful in terms of that whole "Running on time" thing. Plus, that Hynes stop is like a block away, pretty much the same distance as the Back Bay orange line stop.
  • The convention center is on the green line, but the T shuts down at about midnight or so, if I recall correctly, which basically means no late-night programming for you.

If parking near the con, I tend to like the garage across the street from the Sheraton and next to the Hilton, the one next to the Kings bowling alley/bar/pub/whatever.
  • So my new panel set to debue is 125 slides, containing no text on them, can I make it into an hour? Only one way to find out.

I need to pack and remember to ask Viga where the hotel room is because I forgot to write it down. Maybe be able to pull together for update idea in other panel but signs are pointing to no.
  • Anyone want to play Netrunner at Anime Boston?
  • I mentioned on Twitter, but yes. Nets will be run against at AB.
  • I wonder if we can get enough people for a tournament. That will be my only chance of ever winning a tournament since there hopefully won't be any pros there.
  • I know that for sure, you, Will, and I will have our decks on us.
    Are you any good, and do you have all the cards?
  • I still need to learn. Didnt get a chance to play at PAX.
    Are you any good, and do you have all the cards?
    I'm OK, but don't have all the cards. Haven't had the monies.
  • I am ready for the long road ahead...after doing a half day at the office, see you all around 6ish