This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weed is legal! Now what?

Comments

• Yeah, when I visited Amsterdam, weed use was pretty much exactly the same as alcohol use. People knew the coffeeshop employees by their first name and talked to them about the weather and live music like you would with a bartender, and the employees discussed weed like I discuss beer. It was kind of enlightening.

The one time in Amsterdam I smelled someone smoking weed in public, I was walking through a residential district at night. This man walked out of a beautiful flat with pane-glass windows and took a hit from a one-hitter; his living room was visible through the windows. His wife was playing with with their baby, and all the walls were covered in books. There wasn't even a TV. It was kind of a nice scene.
  • People gotta stop using the word 'culture' for things too. It's 'stoner personal brand'
  • bros did u guise here that the HOLY HERB is like 420% legal in CO & WA now?? Lyk u can light up a fatty boom batty blunt in front of a cop n he will jus b lyk "O BRO, U PARTAKE?? CAN I HIT THAT" and then u'll b lyk "sure officer thx for keepin da streets clean" and he will jus b lyk "lol i am a cop and i am smokkin yr WEED"

#420 #blaze #dank #kush

• Let us give thanks and blaze
  • edited November 2012
    Stupid jokes aside, I think that the Federal government will probably lose their suit, and people will slowly realize that it's okay to enjoy certain intoxicants as long as they don't rule your life. I will agree with Muppet, though: marijuana withdrawal and addiction aren't significant risks (cigarettes are SO much more addictive), but they do exist, and part of legalization should be community efforts to make sure that there are rehabilitation programs to handle that.
    The one time I tried it, I fell the fuck asleep. Hard. Deepest sleep ever.

I'll stick to beer.
    Didn't you tell us that you ate a brownie the first time you tried it? That's like 1.5g of weed. No small wonder you fell asleep instead of listening to Sleep. ~_^
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • What about chronic masturbators and fornicators?
    Hey fuck you I wash my hands.
  • edited November 2012
    My experiences with marijuana were all pleasant.

Though, my experiences with people who consumed it on a regular (nay, chronic) basis were not.
    I've had similar experiences, but the unpleasant experiences with other people I believe would have happened regardless of whether marijuana was involved or not.
    Chronic marijuana use does seem to go hand in hand with a particular personality type, doesn't it? Although to be fair I have known a few chronic (several times a week) users who you probably wouldn't identify unless they told you, the former seems to be the most common type.
    The amount of PhD students I know who smoke weed pretty much nightly would probably startle you. My friend wears cardigans with bowties and makes Facebook status about his favorite p-chem findings of the week, and he's easily the biggest smoker I know--he's also a genius, full stop.

I feel like weed is just like alcohol in this regard; that is, it's one thing to enjoy a scotch before bed each night, but it's another thing to seek to be drunk all the time.
    I was going to say something similar. Any ills I can think of with people I had to interact with were purely shitty people to begin with. They just also happen to smoke a lot of weed.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited November 2012
    From my own personal use I've never had issues with marijuana. Never sucked dick for it. Never over dosed. Never had a hangover. And I've never had withdrawals. Worst thing is probaly having a pig out while I've been on it.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • It is definitely a very occasional thing for me, and very situational. Exactly like alcohol. I drink only at large social gatherings to loosen up a bit and shut up the alarm bells that come up with personal contact. I smoke up only with friends as a way of enhancing another experience like watching a dumb movie.

Weed helps me draw, sometimes. The biggest problem I have when I draw is that I basically hate every line I put down and eventually I just get too frustrated with myself to continue. This makes exploring new things hella difficulty. Sometimes however, chilling with some art friends with a sketchbook and a joint can help me to ease into new ideas because I am not screaming at myself over every perceived mistake.
  • I've had mixed results with weed. The first few times I smoked it I really didn't feel much of anything at all. Later on when I did, many of the times I didn't really feel that high, but just super tired. Other than that it seems like I'd either barely feel it or just get way too high and paranoid. I really haven't smoked all that much though and its been nearly a year since the last time I did. I'm mostly too cheap to blow that much money on something temporary. I kind of just want it to be legal so I could afford it or just grow some for myself. I'd probably just consume it occasionally like I do alcohol. Maybe some of the medical marijuana states will be more likely to go full-on legal now. Come on Michigan!
  • New York could really use the tax dollars. Whichever state goes legal first in the megalopolis will see such a windfall as to be unprecedented.
  • I know some really lovely alcoholics.
  • edited November 2012
    I'd argue that there's a difference between chronic chronic users and stoners. Namely that the latter are infatuated with the IDEA of pot, and the IDEA of being a "pot-head", rather than enjoying the actual smoking of pot. Also, stoners draw shit like this:
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited November 2012
    I'd argue that there's a difference between chronic chronic users and stoners. Namely that the latter are infatuated with the IDEA of pot, and the IDEA of being a "pot-head", rather than enjoying the actual smoking of pot. Also, stoners draw shit like this:
    Stoners love pot. They love pot culture, pot science, pot art, pot smoking, and pot eating. Stoners draw shit like this:

Note that you can love and do all of these things without being a chronic user. What's more, in my experience there's far more high-functioning marijuana 'addicts' than high-functioning alcoholics.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Spliffyhooves?
  • You forgot 'pot vaporizing'... its the 21st century, quit setting your weed on fire like some kind of damned cave man
  • edited November 2012
    You forgot 'pot vaporizing'... its the 21st century, quit setting your weed on fire like some kind of damned cave man
    I thought of that, but adding to the list made the sentence feel wonky :P . Fun fact: you can vaporize weed without a vaporizer. Hold the lighter above the bowl with the base of the flame just above the pack and inhale without letting the flame touch it. If you avoid burning it the weed will crackle and shrink a little, releasing more vapor than smoke.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I know you're supposed to be able to do that with a one-hitter too but I haven't had any luck doing that. I have made a couple shitty "vaporizers" out of lightbulbs and shit which basically were meth pipes, but worked for weed and stuff too. That's how I got way to high on spice and decided never again.
  • Yeah, I don't smoke fake weed. I've heard too many nasty stories about it, everything from headaches to seizures and blackouts.
  • Yeah I think its probably just not worth it overall. I think most of that is extreme cases and fearmongering, but they all have different formulas and don't always say what specific jwh something or other is in them.
  • edited November 2012
    Oh yeah, all those "Legal highs" are shit I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. It's nasty shit. Don't buy shitty drugs.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Also, some of the JWH synthetic cannabinoids are incredibly carcinogenic in mouse lung tissue.
  • And that's why you only buy good-or-better quality drugs. So that shit doesn't give your mouse lungs cancer.
  • If we're posting this kind of thing, this is a good one:
  • I think this is more my style.

• Well I know one thing I won't be doing: Smoking with Willie Nelson.
  • edited November 2012
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2012
    Weed is legal! Now what?
    Post edited by Churba on