This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hexaflexagon Christmas Cards/Tree Ornaments

edited November 2012 in Art!
I decided to make my own christmas cards this year. They're hexaflexagons with a glittery snowflake on each side and a festive message hidden in the middle. I ran a piece of glittery string through the centre and discovered that it doubled up a tree decoration. The snowflake pattern is good too as it looks much like reindeer antlers when not in the snowflake state.

I've only given one away so far to relatives who came to visit from far away. They had difficulty opening it but figured it out eventually. Only smart people may pass!

Thought I'd share the idea here because I first saw the flexagons as a Thing of the Day. I'm surprised this isn't already a product.

Comments

• Great idea. They really are perfect for ornaments. I may try my hand at making a few of these for christmas cards this year too. It's times like these I wish I was better at drawing (for maybe a little illustration inside), but a little snow-glitter and colored construction paper won't impede me. Thanks for sharing.
  • I think you should post pictures of said ornaments.