This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Let's Talk About Boring Topics

edited December 2012 in Everything Else
Listening to and reading the descriptions for the latest GeekNights episode gave me an idea.
Tonight on GeekNights, we consider a topic which should be much more boring than it is: the governance of the Internet
That got me thinking: If the topic is/should be boring, how did they manage to dedicate an episode of their show to it in such great detail?

And that's where the idea for this experimental thread comes in. If you discuss a topic that you find boring, can you generate enough interest to the point where it no longer bores you?

Also, did anyone find the topic of Internet governance more or less boring when they listened to this episode? Or did your interest level stay the same?
Post edited by Daikun on

Comments

• If you discuss a topic that you find boring, can you generate enough interest to the point where it no longer bores you?
    This is pretty much the reason I like documentaries. Good documentarians can make make anything interesting.
  • The answer is "yes," and here is my proof:

• Damn you, now I'm watching that Damned channel.
  • edited December 2012

I love this show.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on