This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's Christmas and Stuff!

Comments

• Socks and Underwear. That's pretty much it for me!
  • Pretty sweet record you got there, Greg.
    Thanks. People Who Can Eat People is probably my favorite album of theirs. I was really excited when the second pressing was announced, but I didn't have the money for it at the time.

In other news: paternal grandmother gave me a 24-case of Molasses Root Beer, the rarest soda that I like, along with a 24-case of other sodas by the same company. W00T!
  • I got Lego LoTR, a hat, butterfly style razor, kindle case and some gift cards. Picked up a kindle fire for my gf and she got one for my daughter. I also got my daughter a bunch of Steam games.

Like Cremlian money is tight until after I close on the house in February (at the latest.)
  • Accompanied my parents and brother to my fathers siblings on Christmas eve. There was much talk of the fire and shootings nearby. I had to step in and keep my father and uncle from tearing each others heads off over it. Alcohol was distributed and tensions eased and the rest of the evening was pleasant enough.

Christmas itself was my mothers family get together. It was uneventful and full of cookies.

The swag was as follows: A Packers martini shaker, a book of trivia, several shirts, a sushi print chefs apron, a free cooking class, lots of socks, a set of Star Trek pez dispensers, a bunch of assorted gift cards and grey trilby.

My parents also got an Apple TV box which I have to connect and teach them how to use. My little brother got a laptop, which I have to set up and teach him how to use. So there will be lots of tech support in my future.
  • I'll just say I'm happy this Christmas is over and am thankful that I got Monday off.
  • Non-FRCF Christmas gifts so far - 6.5mm to USB cable for hooking my guitar up to the computer. Sweet as! Also, not strictly a gift, but my sister offloaded her old netbook on me, which (as I said in another thread) I've already loaded with ubuntu and turned into a little mobile essentials and work computer.

More to come, however - my da went away to NZ for Christmas, and insists that I head up the island when he gets back for a sort of late Christmas, so I shall. He heard about the guitar cable, and bought up rocksmith, so it's likely he'll pick that up(he was also thinking about getting it for himself, interestingly enough), but I don't know anything else.
  • I'm away on a work trip for Christmas, but Juliane came with me, and it's been really relaxing. Hanging out in the hot tub is a good way to spend Christmas day, followed up by a amazing meal in one of the cruise ship's specialty restaurants. On this trip we also visited Pisa and Tarquinia in Italy, Barcelona, and now we're back in Italy again, visiting Rome for the day. The sun is shining, and life is good.

For Christmas I got chocolate, two sets of new bed sheets, and a calendar. I've not been very good at buying Juliane a gift, except for the cruise itself.

Tomorrow I fly via Miami (booo) to St. Maartin to join a cruise, and then I'll be at sea for 10 days sailing back to Europe. It's a pity to be away over New Years, but at least I'll have almost unlimited free time to catch up on reading, podcast listening, and writing. And without my girlfriend along I'll be less distracted, and might actually practice some juggling.

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas!
  • I got a dopp kit, tea kettle, and slippers (other things are coming in the mail). I've officially turned into my grandpa.
  • I got lots of wonderful gifts. Among the best: A Harvey Seatbelt bag from the Nightmare Before Christmas collection, and a handmade charm bracelet with characters from Toy Story 3. Also got charms of Gigi (Kiki's cat) and a kodama in my stocking, along with astronaut ice cream. Mmmmm freeze dried dairy product.
  • edited December 2012
    Bought myself a fountain pen and some ink because I don't want to spend all of my Christmas money on tuition. (Also because WuB.)
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Ooh, that's a nice looking pen. Have you tried it out yet? How does it write?
  • edited December 2012
    I'll know in 4-7 business days. I tried some out at the one "stationary" shop in town that had some, but they were unsightly beasts with medium, stiff nibs. Definitely liked the general feel of it as a pen though. I wish the pen bug had bit me while I was still in Japan, where they have real stationary shops.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I got a drum. I beat you all, muthafuckas!!!

j/k. But for reals. Drum.
  • I beat you all, muthafuckas!!!
    That seems like unnecessary energy expenditure. Shouldn't you just beat the drum?

• Nah, it's super easy with my new tippy stick.
  • What kind of drum?
  • Ostensibly a bodhrain. I have to wet it quite a bit to get the tone down to where it should be, but it's a low-cost beginner one so I'll forgive the tonal quality. I expect the head will loosen up a bit as I condition it a lot over the next month or so.
  • Getting ready for Second Christmas on the morrow. Hitting the road tonight for the mud hole that is Elmira, NY, to see my parents, brother, and sister.
  • Rip rip rip. rap rap rap. Elmira girls got the *clap* *clap* *clap*.
    Merry Christmas, internet people.
  • He's watching when you sleep...
  • Why is Santa wearing a tiara.
  • Merry Christmas (Proper).
  • My presents:

A radio controlled helicopter.
    An hour session in a 737-800 flight simulator.
    A pilot's cap.
    New bed sheets.
  • A solid state hard drive, golf shoes, and an electric griddle.
  • Guitar picks made from used LPs, Bruce Springsteen book, shirt, and pendants, clothes and gift certificates, a Vault-Tec bag, noise cancelling headphones, Eclipse expansion, Blair Crimmins' new record, a book or two I won't read, and Sonic Colors for some reason.
  • A $75 gift card to Lowe's home improvement and a summer sausage.
  • Our cat peeing in the hickory farms box
  • Got a bow tie with matching pocket square, a suitcase and backpack to replace my falling-apart ones, and a little bottle of my brother's homemade hot sauce. Pretty good day.