This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest XII

Comments

• Unless some crazy shit happens (like last year), I am totally attending MagFest 2013
  • hmmm... Do I volunteer or do I just attend..
    How many games of Eclipse do you want to play?
    Sounds like a choice between zero and one :P
    I think they managed a top score of two one year.
  • The guest list sounds awesome. Them plus the regulars that go every year that I've wanted to see means once again, a convention is forcing me to attend the year I finally have money. Not sure I'm putting down for the badge yet, but, this will stay on my radar now.
  • Anyone interested in a Pecha Kucha style panel for MAGfest? Each one involved would need to do one presentation.
  • I can't really share details, but the Gaming Intellectuals panel planning started already. Waaaay ahead of the game this year. ;^)
  • I can't really share details, but the Gaming Intellectuals panel planning started already. Waaaay ahead of the game this year. ;^)
    yuss. despite having missed every one of those, I enjoy catching up on the toobs.
  • My Fighting Game Club is likely to set up some tournaments during MAGFest. I imagine we just need to bring some of our equipment and get the appropriate amount of space. This is gonna be great.
  • I need to check if the organizer of the nerf war is coming again to see if they can get over 200 people this time around.
  • I need to check if the organizer of the nerf war is coming again to see if they can get over 200 people this time around.
    I can't wait for the next one! I'm gonna buy another nerf gun for it. That Hailfire was incredible.
  • It appears that it is on according to Marz
  • I am in for this year. I am so fucking in.
  • If you are so inclined: Bit Gen Gamer Fest is mini MAGFest (one day, cool bands, some arcade). That has their lineup:

#Bitgen 8 lineup part 1: @powergloveband, @TWF_Band, @KOTRmetal, @megaran, and @cheapdinosaurs. Get your tickets: http://t.co/hlkWRs5iXN

— MAGFest (@MAGFest) July 11, 2013

#Bitgen 8 lineup part 2: @themegas, Random Battles, X-Hunters, Rare Candy, and @OCReMix University! Tickets: http://t.co/d0TgXMzhXb

— MAGFest (@MAGFest) July 12, 2013

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES! Super Guitar Bros (http://t.co/HRRe4xW8nb) will open, and @brentalfloss will MC! #bitgen http://t.co/XrG5ZR82N1

— MAGFest (@MAGFest) July 15, 2013

• edited July 2013
    Ladies and Gentlemen MAGSuite is OPEN!

Russ already has the Suite in the Gaylord, split 10 ways it will be $170 per person like a fool I forgot to ask him the dates for said room but will update that next time.

If you want in Paypal in the money to rrosin02@hotmail.com it will be first come first serve.

Also it shall be party room Sunday after the con is over for more board gaming and movies, per the request of some in the forum I shall bring Turkish Rambo as a possibility for said film.

One more thing before I forget Panels are Open.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I may pop in once I have confirmed transport for myself.
  • Room update: it will be from Jan 2nd to the 6th (Thursday to Monday) and the room split is 9 not the 10 in the last post. Sorry for the confusion, we are planning it to be the Party room and requested to get the same room as last year with the Mondo space. Any inquiries let me know.

Speaking of I have between 12/30 to 1/6 off from work. Any pre-new year plans in DC or elsewhere?
  • edited July 2013
    For those who are interested in Nerf, the battle will continue.
  • Ladies and Gentlemen...we have hit awesome with the Main Stage!

Outside of MaSu we have MegaDriver they are a Brazilian band who focuses on Mega Drive games and release their music for free. This will also be the first time that they will be performing in the United States too, making an interesting one two punch.
  • Rad. I definitely want to make it this year. I have car, assuming it doesn't break. We'll see about lodgings...
  • Rad. I definitely want to make it this year. I have car, assuming it doesn't break. We'll see about lodgings...
    MAGSuite is still open and looking for people :D
  • Mayhaps.
  • I am down for MAGsuite
  • I am down for MAGsuite
    Nice, don't forget to give Russ a Paypal bump of $170 at his address, rrosin02@hotmail.com.
  • In case someone was waiting the deadline for band submission is August 31st, send them in if you forgot.
  • I have submitted first round of panels, including the Pecha Kucha idea. If anyone wants to be involved with that if it gets accepted let me know.

• 4 months away...
  • So what is the scoop on Magfest badges. Do they sell out? If so, typically how far out? I'm beginning to socialize the idea of Magfest w/ friends and the family. Are they transferrable, and if so, are people generally able to resell them w/o much hassle?

Typically this sort of planning results in me not actually going (See: every PAX Prime outside of 2010 and 2011). Due to life and work constraints, the only thing I have blanket approval for is PAX East and local NJ/NYC stuff. But hey you gotta put yourself in a position to get there in case the stars align, so I grabbed a hotel room.
  • edited September 2013
    So what is the scoop on Magfest badges. Do they sell out? If so, typically how far out?
    Badges do not sell out, you are fine on that front.

However this year the hotel space in the Gaylord is limited that WILL sell out soon. So smart on getting that. The badges are essentially the entry fee, and if you want some extra swag or a prettier badge you can pay more to get it.

Every year the super supporter badges are awesome (last year being a real circuit board that you can use for your Arduino) that will get you some credit with the crowd, otherwise stick to the normal admission.

If you do get the badge they may be transferable, check with their policy since they might have changed it from last year.
  • If you are waiting for the hotel room to book I suggest you should get your ass moving on it.
  • This following is for Rym:

"@MAGFest 12 Challenge #10: Destroy an Albatross, shoot Hitler in the face and escape without getting hit. 8-bit graphic head s'plode!
    Retweeted by MAGFest"

I sense a winner in him.
  • Russ from the MAGSuite here.

As Coldguy has stated we're going to do the MAGSuite again. We've got room for 10, it's a $170 per person from 3PM on the 1st to 11AM on the 6th. I'm going to try to get the same exact room we had last year.

The suite generally has a King Size bed which can sleep two without it being weird, there's also a fold out couch. It'll be a good idea to bring a sleeping bag just in case.

Basic ground rules are thus: Don't be a dick and don't do anything that would get us kicked out. No smoking since that tends to annoy the hotel.

What's different:

This year we're planning on two parties. This first will be Wednesday Night Pre-con party and the second will be a Sunday Night Post-con party. Those will be the only party times, the rest of the con it's strictly crash space.

Anything to help out the party (Booze, Snacks, Games, etc) always welcome.

Even though we have room for 10, I'm willing to take the names for people on a standby list. I'd rather have a list of people willing to commit that to try to hawk spots open at the last second. Paying in advance locks in a room spot.

That being said please make sure you can come to MAGFest before committing any money.

Payments will be handled through paypal. If I have to send an invoice (if you don't have a paypal account of your own) it's going to add 5% (nonrefundable) surcharge.

email is RRosin02 at Hotmail dot com use the subject line MAGSUITE 2014