This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest XII

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Oh shit son New Year Party at the Gaylord! Sadly most people in the forum are going to Rym's party so we can't cross them over....or could we?
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I love all you guys, but our New Year's party itself is family only. ;^)
  • I love all you guys, but our New Year's party itself is family only. ;^)
    Fair enough good sir.
  • I'm definitely considering the MAGSuite option still. I will let you know. Need to determine if my car can brave the trip. But I'm pretty sure I don't have enough people around me locally to get a hotel group together, so Magsuite is a good option. We'll see in the next few weeks.
  • I'm definitely considering the MAGSuite option still. I will let you know. Need to determine if my car can brave the trip. But I'm pretty sure I don't have enough people around me locally to get a hotel group together, so Magsuite is a good option. We'll see in the next few weeks.
    Where do you hail from?
    Where do you hail from?
    Rochester, NY. It's about 6 hours. I've done the drive to Baltimore before. Just not in this car. I just got it, but it's a hand me down. Don't know if it's ready for inter-state travel. Also not technically owned by me, so my parents could always veto it.

• edited September 2013
    Awesome, Axel! I hope you can come. I can make up for missing you repeatedly at Otakon! ^_^
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Yes! MAGFest will be less running around for me I imagine. I just want to go to concerts. Forever.
  • Oh shit son New Year Party at the Gaylord! Sadly most people in the forum are going to Rym's party so we can't cross them over....or could we?
    Keep in mind it's a New Year's Day party, not a New Year's Eve party.
  • If something horrible hasn't happened to it by then... Saltybet party, anyone?
  • I definitely doing the MAGSuite this year.
    By when do you need the monies?
  • edited September 2013
    Double post fail :S
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I definitely doing the MAGSuite this year.
    By when do you need the monies?
    The 1st of December would be good. This way if something comes up you have time to let us know what's going on.
  • The Megas and X-Hunters confirmed, as I expected. Just re-confirms that I need to go. Still need to figure things out...
  • Still waiting for the Main Stage schedule, it is very key to know when awesome bands plays and know when to skip the Megas.
  • But I love The Megas...
  • I saw the Protomen play in Springfield, VA last night, and as they were warming up the crowd, as bands do, they started calling out places they've played in the area before, seeing who was from where. After Baltimore, Richmond, etc, there was a weighty pause, and then, "And where are the MAGFest people?" The building shook with the Colossus roar - January can't come soon enough.
  • I finally asked my parents if I can use my (but actually their) car to head down to MAGFest. Waiting on a response.
  • I'm going to my first Magfest this year and I have a newbie question. How late does Magfest run on Sunday? Basically, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth keeping the hotel booked for Sunday Night or if the festivities start to end early enough that I should just do the 4 hour drive home that night (and we save 150 in hotel fees in the process). Any thoughts?
  • MAGFest does not go late on Sunday. Most people spend Sunday bailing out.
  • I wanna go, what's the best bet for lodging at this point? Anyone lookin to split a space?
  • edited October 2013
    I wanna go, what's the best bet for lodging at this point? Anyone lookin to split a space?
    Why yes actually I got a suite with a split for $170 from the first to sixth of January. If you are interested feel free to send the funds to Raithnor via paypal before December 1st.
  • Check out the Saturday concert line up.
    Unless you know of the after MAG parties that take place (i.e. our suite this year)
    Unless you know of the after MAG parties that take place (i.e. our suite this year)
    We have our Gaylord room for the Sunday night as well, at least a few of us will be around and down to party. :D

• I wanna go, what's the best bet for lodging at this point? Anyone lookin to split a space?
    Why yes actually I got a suite with a split for $170 from the first to sixth of January. If you are interested feel free to send the funds to Raithnor via paypal before December 1st.
    Cool! I'll shoot a PM once I know a little more about my schedule.

• Got my hotel, it's at the Hampton Suites, but no big deal, because I finally have people WHO WILL COMMIT TO STAYING. Oh, that's such a relief...

So, are we doing another FRC Group Badge?
  • Got my hotel, it's at the Hampton Suites, but no big deal, because I finally have people WHO WILL COMMIT TO STAYING. Oh, that's such a relief...

So, are we doing another FRC Group Badge?
    If you organize it sure.
  • edited October 2013
    This might be moot but...
    Hailing from Vancouver, we have missingNO with a super tight rhythm section and a glorious horn section they'll blow you away. From Philadelphia there is Chronicles of Sound, a five piece act with a post modern twist to their tunes. All around great guy and lyrical madman, Lucio Baldomero will be performing some fresh video game raps and rhymes!

Joining these three acts will also be some familiar faces to the scene in new groups! Up first, Final Stage, an act comprised of serious talent from Boston with some serious grouping behind it. And then, there is the pure insanity of the LonelyRollingStars, a self proclaimed "alliance of old men who met at the dumpster out behind MAGFest."
    10 new bands on second stage!?! Holy shit! Although skip Lucio, I picked up his album on a lark and it was BAD.
  • Dumb idea: FRC identifiers on Badges to help new people meet us, yay or nay?