This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest XII

Comments

• Dat ending.
  • edited December 2013
    Chip Space is back they are streaming it this year. Its the Open "Mic" of Chip Tunes with a bonus Midnight concert on Saturday.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Are there refreshments available in close proximity to the convention that are:
    A. Not overpriced
    B. Don't only take cash (I.E. Not just vending machines)
    Because I am probably gonna completely destroy my body with all these concerts.
  • Axel said:

Are there refreshments available in close proximity to the convention that are:
    A. Not overpriced
    B. Don't only take cash (I.E. Not just vending machines)
    Because I am probably gonna completely destroy my body with all these concerts.

Yes there is a CVS, Nandos (aka the Chicken of the Gods), Potbellys, Elevation Burger, and Ketchup. Other places have better food but generally more expensive.
  • Kay good. I will probably be burgering on a regular basis to maintain power levels. And getting portable food for lines. Are there generally lines for concerts? Or is that just if you want to be up close?
  • Axel said:

Kay good. I will probably be burgering on a regular basis to maintain power levels. And getting portable food for lines. Are there generally lines for concerts? Or is that just if you want to be up close?

If you been to a concert you can schmooze your way to the front area. Also the hotel is not very kind to outside foods so pack tight and light and keep it on the DL.

Or be like me and take it to tabletop.
  • Mmm. Yeah. Most conventions aren't good on outside food. I'll just use vending machine stuff for any line waiting. And I'll make sure I get to concerts at good time so I can make my way to the front (Or wimp out and be too shy to assert myself to the front).
  • edited December 2013
    http://nationalharbor.com/dining/

Most of the food is above average chain stuff. That being said most food is mediocre. HOWEVER, compared to the situation in other conventions. Looking at you PAX East. It's pretty awesome!
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • There is decent Thai, and Nando's is excellent with a good variety of veggie sides. You'll have plenty of options within minimal walking distance.
  • The Thai is waay expensive for what it is, but it's not bad. I try to eat there once or twice at most. Nando's is my staple.
  • I am a picky eater (Read: A bad eater by Scrym definitions, from what I remember of the times it was talked about on GN), so such places will not be of use to me. Thanks, though.
  • What? Thai food and genero-chicken are too much for you? What the hell do you eat?
  • I would consider genero chicken. Thai food is definitely too much for me.

I am by far the worst eater I have ever met. Most people are stunned, and I instantly top their list of pickiness.

I don't eat very much in the grand scheme of things.

You guys would despise me.
  • edited December 2013
    Scumbag human:

Has tongue to taste millions of flavors and experience the world though eating it.

Only eats sliced bread and water.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I'm a bit better than that. I put a few things on bread and like some different bread varieties. I also eat a few meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products. All food groups are covered in very small samples.
  • See, I wouldn't despise you. I just wouldn't worry about accommodating your pickiness. If it's an allergy/sensitivity issue, I'll work around it. If it's a pickiness issue, you can just not come with us.

This is in large part due to my not being able to eat many things. I have no sympathy for people who CAN eat things and just don't want to. But that just means I won't bend over backwards to work you into our dinner plans.
  • See, I don't ask people to. I think that doing that is extremely rude. My problem is that lots of people will do it when I tell them not to, and then hold it against me that they "had to."
  • Bah, that is their own fault. Life's too short to feel bad about people like that.
  • Said people are my parents and brother, mostly. <_<
  • I knew a guy once who had a phobia of sandwiches. He was super paranoid that they'd swell up in his throat and choke him to death.
  • A word to the last minute person, the Country Inn and Suites was recently added to the hotel block and has a free shuttle to and fro MAGFest.

Also Al Lowe is not going to MAGFest due to the recent retirement announcement.

You are welcome.
  • Tiny gripe: my 6 panels were reject by MAGFest, but these guys have one.

Again tiny gripe.
  • I still have a hotel room reserved at the main con hotel, as I'm playing it by ear whether I make it down there or not. Low odds as always, but you gotta put yourself in the position to do it, should everything line up. If I wind up not going, I'll post here in case anyone didn't get a room and wants me to transfer the room over to them.
  • I'm interested in the room if you don't make it. What is the rate on the room?
  • edited December 2013
    It's a 3-night reservation at the Gaylord National. $135 daily rate plus a $15 daily fee and 16% sales tax in the fine print.
    Edit: The nights are Jan 2-4
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited December 2013
    I approve this idea Know your MAG.

Also new Shirt!

Post edited by Coldguy on