This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I love the Hokusai grid. You can even just slam it on HQ or R&D if the runner is poor, as a deterrent. Oh, you want to run my R&D 3 times? Go ahead... Please...
    They'll just pay to trash the grid after the first run, taking only one damage.
    Only if they have 4 creds. For a rez cost of 2, the grid is still a pretty good piece of Pseudo-ICE until you get up some proper defenses.

What runner in their right mind will blow 4 creds turn 1 on trashing this? They might econ themselves out of the game right then and there. A corp would usually be happy to pay 2 to defend such an important server so cheaply.

At least that's what we used to do...

And yeah, even paying THREE was a pain. You are so poor in the beginning!
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Hokusai does have one advantage that makes it significantly better than Dieter Esslin besides the +1 trash cost, and the 2 rez cost is totally worth it. That old card would only do a damage if the card itself were accessed. Hokusai does a damage if there is any successful run on the server. That means you can do a net damage on a server if someone tries to use account syphon, vamp, bank job, etc. and there will be no way for them to trash it on that run.
  • edited May 2013
    Hokusai does have one advantage that makes it significantly better than Dieter Esslin besides the +1 trash cost, and the 2 rez cost is totally worth it. That old card would only do a damage if the card itself were accessed. Hokusai does a damage if there is any successful run on the server. That means you can do a net damage on a server if someone tries to use account syphon, vamp, bank job, etc. and there will be no way for them to trash it on that run.
    Good spotting!

But yeah, keep an eye on this card. You should NEVER be sad to see it in your opening hand. Slam it onto a central. Sure, the runner will guess what it is... And stay the fuck out! At least until they get some econ.

Grid + 1 ICE in front of a central is also starting to become an annoyance. 4 trash!! so good.
  • What I'm hoping to do is

Data Mine, Hokusai, Fetal AI, Personal evolution. It's actually pretty easy to pull off and will deal out 5 net damage. 4 if they don't pay to score, in which case you score because you advanced that Fetal AI twice when you installed it. RIGHT?
  • edited May 2013
    I can't wait for some of the older cards to make a return.

Ah, one more.. If you want to see how the corp could fuck with the runner back in the day... :)

• Those two MU hogs are cool, I want to see something like Theorem Proof in A:NR.
  • Scott did your Data Pack already arrive? I'm curious to try the subscription service you are doing right now.
  • Scott did your Data Pack already arrive? I'm curious to try the subscription service you are doing right now.
    It will probably show up next week. They usually mail them out the day they get them, and it takes a few days to get to me. I think I will not renew it next year only because there have been cases where a pack comes out right before a tournament, and I need them right away. If you are not competitive, then it doesn't matter.
  • Well it's not on Amazon with a vendor that uses Prime shipping. It's nice that I still get Prime and didn't renew last month. :3
  • New mat design.

• New mat design.

So tacky. Someone call a real graphic designer please.
  • So tacky. Someone call a real graphic designer please.
    Said a game company never.
  • So tacky. Someone call a real graphic designer please.
    Said a game company never.
    To be fair, that's a fan-made playmat. The official one is actually pretty good.

• Wow, I need to have a couple of those printed. That's hot.
  • Wow, I need to have a couple of those printed. That's hot.
    How about you go get one legit? Just go to a regionals tournament and place in the top 8 (not hard).
  • Replace that image with Bernice Mai doing her trace, then we will be talking.
  • How about you go get one legit? Just go to a regionals tournament and place in the top 8 (not hard).
    Honestly? Scheduling. I own a business, have multiple previous commitments, and am the father of a toddler. Card game regional tournaments are low down on the priority list. Otherwise, Id totally do that.

• How about you go get one legit? Just go to a regionals tournament and place in the top 8 (not hard).
    Honestly? Scheduling. I own a business, have multiple previous commitments, and am the father of a toddler. Card game regional tournaments are low down on the priority list. Otherwise, Id totally do that.

Because I sit around doing nothing? I specifically cancel other things to prioritize Netrunning.

Because I sit around doing nothing? I specifically cancel other things to prioritize Netrunning.
    I'm going to have to agree with Shaun that the things he listed should rate higher than Netrunner. But not by much.
  • http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4118

News about Creation + Control (big box) and new card spoilers.
  • Whoa, double clicks.
  • Whoa, double clicks.
    There's also a previously shown Ichi 2.0 that is the same way.
  • edited May 2013
    I am all about my Jinteki + HB fastadvance deck right now, those upgrades are right up my alley.

Are there any Netrunner events in NYC during the week of 5/20-28? I've got a short break home and I will damn well use it to play Netrunner, if at all possible.

I'll also be in the San Francisco bay area for my summer co-op, anyone know of any groups in that area? Google searches have been fruitless so far. :(
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • I am all about my Jinteki + HB fastadvance deck right now, those upgrades are right up my alley.

Are there any Netrunner events in NYC during the week of 5/20-28? I've got a short break home and I will damn well use it to play Netrunner, if at all possible.
    http://www.meetup.com/Netrunner-NYC/
  • Awesome, thanks. It sucks that there's such a great community in my hometown, and I'm not around to take advantage of it for more than a short time. everythingisterrible
  • Awesome, thanks. It sucks that there's such a great community in my hometown, and I'm not around to take advantage of it for more than a short time. everythingisterrible
    Twenty Sided Store has tournaments also. There was one Yesterday. Should be another one next month.
  • From the Strip Search post about Netrunner, you can find several of the artists of the Netrunner cards via their Deviant Art pages.
  • So, since Nate has me in on this accursed game, I have a rulings question:

Say you have Parasite on a piece of ice. It's on there, but the ice still has power. But then you encounter it during a run, and you have Wyrm installed. You use Wyrm's second ability enough to reduce the ice's power to zero. Is the ice subsequently destroyed by Parasite, as its power has reached zero, or does that only take effect with permanent reductions by Parasite outside of runs?
  • Yes. But wyrm has to be raised to the ice's level. I like to use virus tokens from... Ugh memory fail... Card with a blue microscopic worm-leech thing that gets tokens for successful central runs and can drop strength with each token.