This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Android: Netrunner

Comments

• Yeah, I forgot about that. Jeremy keeps on telling me to look at suggestions for decks online because that's the part I enjoy about these sorts of deck building type games. I like to figure out on my own the possible good strategies/combinations of cards and go from that.

I really wish I had access to that card database site at work, but alas I always have to wait when I get home to brainstorm on decks.
  • edited January 2013
    Here is some very interesting speculation on what kinds of cards we will see in the future.

http://teamcovenant.com/boshek/2013/01/31/theory-thursday-1-link-powered/

What I find more interesting than thoughts about future cards is how well the mechanics and theme of this game match together.

ZU.13 Key Master is a Cloud subtype. If you have at least 2 link it takes up zero memory.

Of course! It's a cloud subtype, you store it in the cloud! No local memory on your rig is required. You just need two link to connect with it over the net.

When you see shit like that, you know the game is good.

Also, the art on the card is a great Ghostbusters reference even if the flavor text is not.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I really like that article. It's fun to find the little references and meanings behind the cards. Like you said, FFG have put a TON of care into this product, they WANT it to not only succeed but be the best it can possibly be. Not a cash in.

Hurry up spoilers for Cyber Exodus... Can't be far away now!
  • I have been trying to put together a new Jinteki deck based on their new Corp identity. I'm trying to make it trap-based. Lots of traps and other things for the Runner to hit if they run on my remote servers. My mental image is a heavily protected central server area and lots of remote servers. Playing horizontally instead of vertically so the Runner has no idea where to run since almost everything I put down can be advanced. I'm currently at 54 cards, but I'm trying to cut it down.

Any thoughts? When I have more time, I'll try and post a card list.
  • I have been trying to put together a new Jinteki deck based on their new Corp identity. I'm trying to make it trap-based. Lots of traps and other things for the Runner to hit if they run on my remote servers. My mental image is a heavily protected central server area and lots of remote servers. Playing horizontally instead of vertically so the Runner has no idea where to run since almost everything I put down can be advanced. I'm currently at 54 cards, but I'm trying to cut it down.

If you are trying to ultimately kill the runner with traps, do you perhaps have too many money cards in your deck? I know everyone loves their PAD campaigns etc, and I haven't seen your deck, but perhaps those could be cut. Same with Mining.
  • I want to build a deck where every single card is either an agenda or a trap. Then I'll play without ever even looking at my cards.

Obvious flaws are obvious, but this would amuse me.

If you are trying to ultimately kill the runner with traps, do you perhaps have too many money cards in your deck? I know everyone loves their PAD campaigns etc, and I haven't seen your deck, but perhaps those could be cut. Same with Mining.
    Either kill the runner with traps or destroy enough programs to let me score my agendas.

I think my deck has too few money cards. Besides PAD Campaign and the spend 5 to gain 4 card (I'm blanking on the name at the moment) the only other money generation I have is a Wayland Ice that forces a Trace attempt that would net me 2 credits.

• Is Wayland meant to be a ripoff of Weyland (aliens)?
  • Is Wayland meant to be a ripoff of Weyland (aliens)?
    Almost certainly.
  • I basically assume any apparent reference in Netrunner is a real reference.
  • Today is also a good day to try playing #Netrunner via webcam if anyone wants to.
  • edited February 2013
    Philip has been trying out modified NBN deck.. It's surprisingly strong. I've been playing virus against it, but have only won with perfect rollout. I can't wait to try these new cards... Guy in Invercargill said he could get netrunner from Christchurch. We're playing the game in cafes, all over the islands, and lots of people have been asking.. Maybe we'll start a thing ^_^
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Show the kiwis what real gaming is all about. My kiwi brother-in-law is indifferent about gaming. I really need to convert him to have a readily accessible gaming partner.
  • So has anyone purchased the Fantasy Flight card sleeves? How do they hold up? I contemplating on getting either those or the Premium Mayday card sleeves, which are cheaper than getting them at the local store.
  • So has anyone purchased the Fantasy Flight card sleeves? How do they hold up? I contemplating on getting either those or the Premium Mayday card sleeves, which are cheaper than getting them at the local store.
    I have the Fantasy Flight ones. They work I guess. I never bought sleeves before, so I can't really compare them.

• Well I bought 2 packs to use on my decks. Just checking out the sleeves they seem to be as thick as the premium sleeves for Mayday games.

I'll test them out soon enough.
  • Do people usually specialize in one side or do you play them equally?
  • I would say people prefer to probably play one side better than the other. Scott and I played some games on Saturday via G+ Hangout. I like playing as Corporation, even though I did win as a Runner. Scott stated he's better at playing Runner than Corporation.

I would think if you are serious and want to play well in tournaments, you have to play them equally. I need to play more period to get used to the cards, but finding the time and if Jeremy is willing are two different things.
  • Do people usually specialize in one side or do you play them equally?
    You have to play both sides. In a tournament you have to have one deck for each side and then you play each side once against each opponent.
  • Oh, that video I thought was the complete tutorial. It isn't. This is.

• Now that's how you do a tutorial video.
  • After running against NBN Phil several times with a modifies red and green deck, stubbornly avoiding blue, I'm finding it the set as we have it is somewhat Rock Paper Scissors. How does one craft a deck that performs well against most corps (I have surprisingly found yellow to be the most challenging, as it is efficient in economy and diverse in agenda and ice values). One cannot rely on looking at a corp deck, exclaim "Ah you're playing X" and fish out the complementary runner deck or adding specifically relevant cards. Obviously my experience is skewed by playing only one opponent, and not owning all the expansions. Anyone else having a similar experience?
  • Cyber Exodus is now shipping to stores. I'll probably have it by next week.
  • Nice. I already pre-ordered our copies. Perhaps the local store will get it in a few days.
  • edited February 2013
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3929

Oh shit. I can not wait to get Ronin up in some Jinteki deck. Also gotta put some Data Ravens in front of the Dedicated Response Team.

Ronin is also amazing. Now when I put out a Project Junebug and start to advance it, you have to wonder if it might be ronin. Then you have to run it to stop me from advancing it, but you can't run it because it might kill you. I suck at corp, but I could do a hell of a lot better with the obviously powerful options offered by these cards. I guess we won't be seeing them for awhile, though.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Ronin is an instant add-in to my "I dare you to run on me" Jinteki deck.
  • Ronin is an instant add-in to my "I dare you to run on me" Jinteki deck.
    The big problem is still that you can only advance Ronin, Junebug, Agendas, and Secretary. I really want to be able to advance economy cards so they are disguised as a danger. They might think it's a snare, but not really. It's much better to keep snare in your hand to punish runs on HQ.

I really wish there was a card that let me put things back into R+D. Put some snares back in there!
  • Hurry up Cyber Exodus spoilers... *refreshes browser*