This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Gun Control Thread

edited January 2013 in Flamewars
I'm sick of gun control arguments taking over the Guns! thread. Post your shit here instead.

Comments

• Get rid of all the guns.
  • I always found it easiest to control my gun if I wrapped the sling tightly around my non-firing arm. This always helped me control the recoil better and even allowed me to score 40/40 on paper targets at the range. The SGT watching me shoot thought for sure that I was going to have a crappy score from firing so fast (shot all 40 rounds in under a minute including time to change magazines) but I nailed every target.
  • How can I improve my groupings after a switch to secondary?
    Hows your grip?
  • edited January 2013
    Some people have said that the idea of an armed revolution in the United States is absurd. I don't actually know either way. Why would guerrilla warfare be ineffective?
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Some people have said that the idea of an armed revolution in the United States is absurd. I don't actually know either way. Why would guerrilla warfare be ineffective?
    For one, Gorrillas are really hard to hide so I can't even finish this joke it's so trite I'm going to go shower to remove the stench of shame from myself.
  • Some people have said that the idea of an armed revolution in the United States is absurd. I don't actually know either way. Why would guerrilla warfare be ineffective?
    Drones
    Drones
    Drones
    And tanks. We have way to many tanks. Literally, the military has said we have enough but the Government keeps giving them money to build them because it will look bad if we lost those manufacturing jobs.
  • Its cool how we have literally given trillions of dollars that we've worked for to a force that could crush us. It's like a sacrifice to summon a demon.
  • Actually, it's more that there would be barely any popular support for an armed revolt against the government. The government just isn't bad enough, and the people just aren't poor/dissatisfied enough - rebels would probably be ratted out and killed by drones almost immediately.
  • This thread makes me laugh.
  • Hell, between the Patriot Act and the Murder Memo, they wouldn't even have to declare martial law.
    Drones
    And tanks. We have way to many tanks. Literally, the military has said we have enough but the Government keeps giving them money to build them because it will look bad if we lost those manufacturing jobs.
    I think that is part of our spending problem. let's take an outdated system, say, the MLRS. Now we know we've got better equipment, but the senator from the state that makes the platform, and the senator from where they make the missiles, and hell the senator from where they make a cog that has almost no bearing on the whole thing get together and push to keep the funding going so they don't lose those contracts. If we cut out some of the waste spending on obsolete equipment we'd be better off.
  • No armed revolt would get off the ground unless the military was itself divided on the issue. Either it's a full-blown civil war, or Cletus and his brothers are just going to get blown up by drones.
  • Discuss
    If a shooter used tactics and cover it doesn't matter how many magazines he needs. If someone's holed up and is taking his time aiming, it'd take either tear gas or a proper sniper to take him out. Granted no shooters of late have really exercised much thought in using cover or tactics, so if they're standing out in the open like the fucking idiots they are then the police have an opportunity.
    Hows your grip?
    Do you even grip?
  • Discuss
    If a shooter used tactics and cover it doesn't matter how many magazines he needs. If someone's holed up and is taking his time aiming, it'd take either tear gas or a proper sniper to take him out. Granted no shooters of late have really exercised much thought in using cover or tactics, so if they're standing out in the open like the fucking idiots they are then the police have an opportunity.
    The D.C. sniper?
    Dude that is already illegal over here! I've got tons of these mag floating around, better hope the fuzz doesn't come round yo.
  • An armed uprising of the people who currently think an armed uprising is a reasonable step would be the best thing that could happen to this country.

I say this because such an "uprising" would fail catastrophically, and those involved tend to overlap heavily with the political ideologies that are causing many of our problems to begin with. A big part of the problem would basically step forward and declare "I'm crazy and have guns! Please arrest me!" Done in one.
  • Hell, between the Patriot Act and the Murder Memo, they wouldn't even have to declare martial law.
    Murder Memo only applies to those fighting for foreign terrorist organizations as it argues that they have forfeited their citizenship. If it's a domestic organization, it wouldn't apply.
  • Gun control laws would be easier to enact if we just got rid of the second amendment.
  • Gun control laws would be easier to enact if we just got rid of the second amendment.
    Making something easier doesn't make it a good idea.
    Making something easier doesn't make it a good idea.
    Indeed. Plus getting rid of an amendment (or proposing a new one) is hard by design.
  • Still wondering why guns are being treated like animate objects. Reminds me of all the "SUV kills people" headlines from six years ago.
  • Still wondering why guns are being treated like animate objects. Reminds me of all the "SUV kills people" headlines from six years ago.
    Well, guns don't kill people, but people with guns kill people. Ergo, we should definitely make sure that guns don't fall into the hands of people who are likely to kill other people with them.

Well, guns don't kill people, but people with guns kill people. Ergo, we should definitely make sure that guns don't fall into the hands of people who are likely to kill other people with them.
    One would think it's more the projectile than anything else.

• I blame kinetic energy.