This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Gun Control Thread

Comments

• So what's the point they're trying to make again?
    Knives are scary, and so are guns. If you attach one to the other, it's like, double terror, man. You can kill people just by making them look at it.

• Oh yeah, and you can attach a grenade launcher to the bayonet mount :psyduck:
  • I mean... a grenade launcher CAN be attached there, if you have enough duct tape and can handle the recoil.

Also, do bayonets really scare people? If I see a bayonet, I'll assume he's a very confused Civil War reenactor instead of anyone who intends to use their gun.
  • edited January 2013
    But does it have a chainsaw mount? Screw the bayonet video games have upperd the anti by attaching chainsaws onto guns!!!!!!!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited January 2013
    But does it have a chainsaw mount? Screw the bayonet; video games have upperd the ante by attaching chainsaws onto guns!!!!!!
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • My new phone has a weird spell check on it. Sometimes I miss the typos.
  • edited January 2013
    But does it have a chainsaw mount? Screw the bayonet; video games have upperd the ante by attaching chainsaws onto guns!!!!!!
    upperd?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited January 2013
    upperd?
    My phone changed upped to upper and when I went back to correct I added the d but must have missed removing the r. It's what I get for posting from my bed with only one eye open.

• edited January 2013
    Also, since "anti" is an actual word, even a spell check won't save you from something like that we step up the game on artificial intelligence, or at least get contextual probabilistic spell-checking.
  • But still... Chainsaws. A proper assault weapon should have a chainsaw mount.
  • edited January 2013
    Also, since "anti" is an actual word, even a spell check won't save you from something like that until we step up the game on artificial intelligence, or at least get contextual probabilistic spell-checking.
    Yup, none of us are immune...
  • edited January 2013
    But still... Chainsaws. A proper assault weapon should have a chainsaw mount.
    Nah, just have a chainsword in one hand, and a bolt pistol in the other, like Assault Marines do. Or are you suggesting Assault Marines don't know how to assault?
    Also, since "anti" is an actual word, even a spell check won't save you from something like that until we step up the game on artificial intelligence, or at least get contextual probabilistic spell-checking.
    Yup, none of us are immune...
    Eeyup. Bring on the Singularity, I say! The sooner, the better.
  • Bold pistol?
  • Damn it, you got me just before I fixed that...
  • Also, do bayonets really scare people? If I see a bayonet, I'll assume he's a very confused Civil War reenactor instead of anyone who intends to use their gun.
    Actually, bayonet charges still do scare people. The British used it at least once in WW2 to scare the crap out of the Japanese in the Pacific theater, and I believe there also have been documented cases of bayonet charges scaring the crap out of the Taliban in Afghanistan.
    But still... Chainsaws. A proper assault weapon should have a chainsaw mount.
    That falls under "cool, but impractical."
  • edited January 2013

Pretty much spot on.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Huh. I wonder why the frequency of these type of events has taken such a dramatic spike recently.
  • edited January 2013
    http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/lone-star-college-shooting-texas-college-shooting-lockdown-in-north-harris-county-school-reported?SDG
    Take that down, they updated it and it looks like two people shooting at each other. Probably related to drug dealing.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Initial reports hit it much higher, due to speculation about injured bystanders.
  • That was not a mass shooting, it was just two people with guns shooting wildly at each other in a crowded area, which should be protected under the 2nd Amendment IMO.
  • edited January 2013
    Huh. I wonder why the frequency of these type of events has taken such a dramatic spike recently.
    Cuz Obuma gonna com and take all da gunz! Got to use em all before they get takenz away!

(Spell check had a field day with that one!)
  • That was not a mass shooting, it was just two people with guns shooting wildly at each other in a crowded area, which should be protected under the 2nd Amendment IMO.
    I didn't know you were from Texas.

• Initial reports hit it much higher, due to speculation about injured bystanders.
    This really is an entirely average shooting in America, nothing special or mass about it. There are injured bystanders all the time, but apparently poor, inner-city people are less deserving of the media's attention. This is the kind of shooting that happens all over the country, every day. This is the kind of shooting we should focus on if we really want to save lives.
  • But still... Chainsaws. A proper assault weapon should have a chainsaw mount.
    Nah, just have a chainsword in one hand, and a bolt pistol in the other, like Assault Marines do. Or are you suggesting Assault Marines don't know how to assault?
    No you have a chainsaw on the boltpistol AND a chain sword in the other hand!
  • edited January 2013
    No you have a chainsaw on the boltpistol!
    HERESY!
  • Clearly as IE lost its share people got less frustrated and didn't want to kill each other so much. Clearly we need to ban IE.
  • Didn't we already?
  • edited January 2013
    Since we've all seen the whole "Assault CUPS! Assault SPOONS! Assault CARS!" poster from the pro-gun side, here's something equally stupid and emotionally based.

In order, at the consumer level, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No. Literally every single one of these is less regulated than firearms at the consumer level, two of them are just left-wing policy hooks in a political, emotional version of the woo game.

Some of them are a bit closer when you look at the manufacturing and sale side, rather than just the consumer level, but precisely zero regulations proposed by most anti-firearms proponents, including those with actual political power like Dianne "Gun saftey means muzzle sweeping the crowd, lol " Feinstein actually deal with manufacturers, only owners and retail sales - hell, they don't even stop appropriately licensed gunsmiths from buying the banned weapons, they just can't sell them.
    Post edited by Churba on